1. Cleanup CRS Install on all node as per Metalink notes
2. Start fresh CRS Installation (10.2.0.1 ) on AIX
3. OUI was able to install with follwoing mesaage on console
a) Install succesfull
b) Link succesfull
c) setup succesfull
d) Remote copy succesfull
e) configuration process
Then OUI prompt us to run orainstRoot.sh on each node...
I noticed that while providing permission/and copying to /etc/oraInst.loc The permission was root:system with 600
4. Then I checked umask for root users
probably for security point of view sysadmin put umask 0077
I changed umask to 0022 on each node and re-executed orainstRoot.sh
This time /etc/oraInst.loc file permission was 644.
5. we proceed with CRS 10.2.0.1 installation with same point and it was successful.
6. crs resources was UP and fine ... we tested VIP by rebootin 2 nodes and notices that VIP was successfully reloacted to another node and after reboot, this automatically come back to original position. The clusterware VIP testing was successful at 10.2.0.1.
7. Now,We have started Patch Installation...As per Oracle Patch readme file we do not run preupdate.sh file
8. But During Patch Installtion at 75%, we again encounter same error " Error while copying directorty .../inventory with excludefile.list seems like permission Issue.
9. we skip this message but notices that inventory folder has same size on all m/c.
10. Now OUI prompt us to run root102.sh on each node.
11. Unlike previous Installation This time after exceuting root102.sh it does't throw any " could not load program" error.
The root102.sh runs successfuly on all nodes.But we checked VIP was not started on any of the nodes after 10.2.0.3 patch Installation,we modifed usrvip as per metalink notes also.
The hostname is in lower case.
Final Conclusion : VIP was working fine before Patch Installation but
could not start after patching. Throwing some Invalid Parameter.. like...
[root@rspwd01:/oracle/crs_home/crs/bin]# srvctl start nodeapps -n rspwd01
CRS-1006: No more members to consider rspwd01:ora.rspwd01.vip:Invalid parameters, or failed to bring up VIP (host=rspwd01)
rspwd01:ora.rspwd01.vip:Invalid parameters, or failed to bring up VIP (host=rspwd01)
CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.rspwd01.vip'.
CRS-0210: Could not find resource ora.rspwd01.LISTENER_RSPWD01.lsnr.