This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2007 11:32 PM by 325351 RSS

How much does ILM cost?

605724 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

I do not find the cost of ILM in the ‘Oracle Technology Global Price List’ of October 1, 2007 @ http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/technology-price-list.pdf.

Can I conclude that Oracle ILM is FREE?

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: How much does ILM cost?
    459761 Newbie
    Indeed -- the Oracle ILM Assistant is free!

You do generally pay for the database and options upon which the ILM Assistant runs, but the ILM Assistant itself is free.

Thanks, Jack
  • 2. Re: How much does ILM cost?
    325351 Newbie
    Oracle ILM is based on the all the capabilities in the Oracle Database that you can use to build an ILM system. Therefore, the cost of doing Oracle ILM is simply the features you use to build your system, and that depends whether they are free, like VPD or a cost option like Partitioning.

The Oracle ILM Assistant is a GUI based tool which helps you build an ILM system and it takes advantage of some of the capabilities in the database. This component is currently free.

Since you are internal, please visit the internal ilm web site where the FAQ section will help answer questions like this.

Lilian
  • 3. Re: How much does ILM cost?
    605724 Newbie
    Indeed -- the Oracle ILM Assistant is free!

You do generally pay for the database and options
    upon which the ILM Assistant runs, but the ILM
    Assistant itself is free.

Thanks, Jack
    I understand that to use 'Oracle ILM Assistant' you need Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML Db)? So now, how much does Oracle APEX cost?

Thanks in advance.
  • 4. Re: How much does ILM cost?
    325351 Newbie
    Oracle APEX is provided as part of Enterprise Edition. From 11g it is already installed in any database which is created. Prior to that it is downloaded from OTN and installed in the database. Therefore there is no cost for using it.

Lilian