7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2007 4:05 AM by 605863 RSS

Import Certificates into Wallet

Hi,

I'm trying to use a certificate which is issed by an external Certificate Authority like VeriSign, not by OCA.

Can someone please let me know how can i add the external certificate into my ewallet?

I tried to import the certificate thru Wallet Manger by opening my existing ewallet, but it gives me the below exception:

User certificate installation failed.
      Possible errors:
      -Input was not a valid certificate.
      -No Matching certificate request was found.
      -CA certificate needed for certificate chani not found. Please install it first.

Thanks,
      Sheikh
        • 1. Re: Import Certificates into Wallet
          Have you seen
          9 Using Oracle Wallet Manager
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28530/asowalet.htm#ASOAG9745
          • 2. Re: Import Certificates into Wallet
            Hello ,

Ideally you should create a certificate request and provide it to the CA for obtaining a corresponding certificate. Then import the respective certificate into the wallet. It appears as if your certificate request is not matching with the user Certificate. Please confirm.

Rgds,Ramesh
            • 3. Re: Import Certificates into Wallet
              Ramesh,

Let's say i'm using a certificate with pair of keys both public and private in an external B2B product. I'm planning to migrate to Oracle B2B with the same certificate.

How can i proceed in this scenario for adding the private key into the wallet?

Regards,
              Sheikh
              • 4. Re: Import Certificates into Wallet
                To import a third-party wallet:

Follow the product-specific procedure to export the wallet.

Save the exported wallet to a platform-specific file name in a directory expected by Oracle Advanced Security.

For UNIX and Windows NT, the file name is ewallet.p12.

For other platforms, see the platform-specific documentation.

Rgds,Ramesh
                • 5. Re: Import Certificates into Wallet
                  Hi,

Now i'm able to import my wallet.

But whenever i deploy my configurations, it's throwing me the below exception and not accepting any messages

2007.11.26 at 13:13:55:308: B2BStarter thread: B2B - (ERROR) Error -: AIP-50025: Repository error
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.Repository.readCertificates(Repository.java:1261)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.Repository.initExchange(Repository.java:633)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.Repository.initialize(Repository.java:703)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BServer.readRepository(B2BServer.java:446)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BServer.initialize(B2BServer.java:178)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BStarter.startB2B(B2BStarter.java:234)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BStarter.run(B2BStarter.java:111)
                       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

2007.11.26 at 13:13:55:308: B2BStarter thread: B2B - (ERROR) Error -: AIP-50025: Repository error
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.Repository.initExchange(Repository.java:636)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.Repository.initialize(Repository.java:703)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BServer.readRepository(B2BServer.java:446)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BServer.initialize(B2BServer.java:178)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BStarter.startB2B(B2BStarter.java:234)
                       at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.init.B2BStarter.run(B2BStarter.java:111)
                       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Can you please help me out how can i proceed further?

Thanks,
                  Sheikh
                  • 6. Re: Import Certificates into Wallet
                    Hello,

Please make sure to follow the suggested steps only for host certificate. The Trading partner certificate is not part of the wallet , instead it should be browsed while modelling it and will be stored in the repository. I guess you are trying to import TP certificate also into the wallet.

Rgds,Ramesh
                    • 7. Re: Import Certificates into Wallet
                      Hi,

I used the Trading Partner certificate in base64 format.

Now the issue got resolved.

Thanks a lot

Regards,
                      Sheikh