This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2008 5:08 AM by greybird Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: (JE 3.2.44) Couldn't open file
    greybird Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Dan,

If you're not using DeferredWrite or removeDatabase or truncateDatabase, then this is not one of the two known problems that could cause LogFileNotFoundException. The only way we can debug this is to get a copy of the log files after the problem occurs. In addition, we'll need the log files deleted by the log cleaner. To get this set of log files:

1) Set je.cleaner.expunge to false. If the problem occurs at a customer site, you can give them a je.properties file with this setting to install. With this setting, instead of deleting files the log cleaner will rename them to *.del.

2) Reproduce the problem.

3) Save the entire set of files in the environment directory.

4) Contact me on the email thread we started earlier for this issue [#15885]. Send me all stack traces you get when the problem occurs. Based on the exceptions you send, I'll ask you to send me specific log files via FTP.

Thanks,
    --mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 31. Re: (JE 3.2.44) Couldn't open file
    524788 Newbie
    Hi Dan,

If you're not using DeferredWrite or removeDatabase
    or truncateDatabase, then this is not one of the two
    known problems that could cause
    LogFileNotFoundException. The only way we can debug
    this is to get a copy of the log files after the
    problem occurs. In addition, we'll need the log
    files deleted by the log cleaner. To get this set of
    log files:

1) Set je.cleaner.expunge to false. If the problem
    occurs at a customer site, you can give them a
    je.properties file with this setting to install.
    With this setting, instead of deleting files the log
    cleaner will rename them to *.del.

2) Reproduce the problem.

3) Save the entire set of files in the environment
    directory.

4) Contact me on the email thread we started earlier
    for this issue [#15885]. Send me all stack traces
    you get when the problem occurs. Based on the
    exceptions you send, I'll ask you to send me specific
    log files via FTP.

Thanks,
    --mark
    Hmmm, this is going to be tricky as the active logs for the problem installation are typically more than 6Gb total size and this problem is only happening every so often, not easily repeated (somewhat as a result of the application's highly concurrent nature).

See what I can do........
  • 32. Re: (JE 3.2.44) Couldn't open file
    greybird Expert
    Hmmm, this is going to be tricky as the active logs
    for the problem installation are typically more than
    6Gb total size and this problem is only happening
    every so often, not easily repeated (somewhat as a
    result of the application's highly concurrent
    nature).

See what I can do........
    On the log size, I won't need all files uploaded. But it's important to save them all so that I can ask for specific files.

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
1 2 3 Previous Next