5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2009 11:10 AM by 603813 RSS

Siebel

Hi all

We are considering MS SQL as database for our Siebel implementation. I understand Siebel is supported on MS SQL currently. Our concern is would there be a situation down the lane where Oracle makes Siebel work on just Oracle DB ? I am sure many others might have the same concern. Please share your views on this

Regards

Kannan
        • 1. Re: Siebel
          TanteKaethe
          Currently, Siebel supports databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2) in general without exploiting specifics of a vendor. I don't think that some time in future Siebel will only be available for Oracle databases and not for MS SQL Server anymore.
          I rather fear that some time in future Siebel development will be stopped and Oracle Fusion will continue.
          • 2. Re: Siebel
            Can you expand on what you mean by " rather fear that some time in future Siebel development will be stopped and Oracle Fusion will continue".

What exactly is Oracle Fusion? I thought it was an integration Broker which allows two dislike systems to talk to one another. But, I do see references to "Oracle Fusion Applications". Would appreciate your insight on the subject.

We're thinking of going with Siebel CRM in the very near future.

Thanks!
            • 3. Re: Siebel
              jiyong
              Fusion was also discussed here: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=612043&tstart=0

The postings contain some links to more information.
              • 4. Re: Siebel
                Does anyone know if Siebel marketing can track Flash and other rich-client applications?

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Siebel
                  Hi even the organization where I am working they are using Siebel with MS SQL more than 9-10 years . I don't think so Oracle will not support Siebel with MSSQL