This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2008 12:42 AM by 659973 RSS

Retek and Oracle Financials Integration

460236 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We are planning to implement Retek for the retail stores and Oracle Financials for the back end operations. Can some one tell me if these two products are seamlessly integrated? For example will the data flow from Retek to say AP or AR without having to develop any interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

Amit
  • 1. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    529493 Newbie
    No they are not fully integrated yet. These suites have been developed by independent companies (Retek and Oracle) for decades.

However Oracle has started the integration process and following is completed:

The following Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) solutions are now integrated with Oracle Financials to support end-to-end business processes:
    * Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - matches purchase orders, invoices and receipts and reconciles discrepancies. The matched invoices are then forwarded to Oracle E-Business Suite Accounts Payable for payment;
    * Oracle Retail Merchandising System - tracks all inventory movements within the system through Oracle Stock Ledger. Daily and period-based financial information transfers can be updated to Oracle General Ledger; and
    * Oracle Retail Sales Audit - allows daily sales information to be passed through Oracle Retail Sales Audit and automatically posted to Oracle General Ledger.
  • 2. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    361161 Newbie
    Can you give some details on what kind of infrastructure is required for the integration. What application servers/integration tools, what interfaces from both ends (RMS/ReSA/ReIM and Oracle Financials) are used to integrate these applications.

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    542455 Newbie
    Hello,

It is all done through Retek Integration Bus (RIB). The underlying technology RIB runs on is XML standards for message, Java Messaging Services (JMS) and
    Message Driven Beans (MDB). The following site http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28063_01/rib/docset.html has documentation on Retek message families, XML messages, Architecture of RIB etc. Should you have any specific question you may ask me. Thank you.

Regards

Ranga
  • 4. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    506252 Newbie
    Hello Ranga,
    I am interested in Learning RMS. Where are you currently located??
    Cheers,
    Suresh
  • 5. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    558745 Newbie
    Actually ranga/all i have an small issue here like if we want to integrate the ReIM invoice matching how do i do that can u explain in brief atleast step wise

step by step integration to my mail hbshaik@jntu.net

Thanks in advance
  • 6. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    593973 Newbie
    Is there any documentation available on Oracle Stock Ledger?
  • 7. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    414147 Newbie
    Hi, I want to know if in the Retek Roadmap, RIB will be replaced for BPEL or ESB. Can you help me with this?

Regards
  • 8. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    618118 Newbie
    In Oracle Retail 13 applications the RIB is still used, but the implementation is different... rewritten to run on the Oracle stack.
  • 9. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    619571 Newbie
    Sorry this may need a new thread... but

1) is the retail integration bus a seperate oracle component that is required in addition to RMS in order to talk to Oracle GL (e.g. retrieve Chart of Account info)?

thanks

Asim
  • 10. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    ErikYkema Journeyer
    One may benefit from this Metalink document.
    Regards, Erik Ykema

Subject:      Oracle Retail E-Business Suite Integration Guide
         Doc ID:      Note:458221.1      Type:      WHITE PAPER
         Last Revision Date:      02-NOV-2007      Status:      PUBLISHED

In this Document
    Abstract
    Document History
    Oracle Retail E-Business Suite Integration Guide

Applies to:
    Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version: 12.0.5 to 12.0.5
    Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version: 12.0.5 to 12.0.5
    Information in this document applies to any platform.
    Abstract
    This is an Oracle Retail internal “services-only” document not for general customer release. It is intended for the systems analysts and other members of the integration team contracted to assist a retailer to integrate Oracle Retail applications with Oracle E Business Suite applications.
    Document History

Author :
    Create Date 11-Sept-2007
    Update Date dd-mon-yyyy
    Expire Date dd-mon-yyyy (ignore after this date)
    Oracle Retail E-Business Suite Integration Guide

This document describes considerations for integration of Oracle Retail applications with the Oracle Financials applications of Oracle E Business Suite. This document provides information for the implementation team to assess product requirements, configuration opportunities, and constraints related to this integration.
  • 11. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    ErikYkema Journeyer
    Hi,
    You may like from Metalink

Overview Of Features And Enhancements Included In Release Version 12 And Assess Benefits Of Upgrading To Version 13
         Doc ID:      Note:465089.1      Type:      REFERENCE
         Last Revision Date:      30-OCT-2007      Status:      PUBLISHED

It shows that Seebeyond is replace by Oracle ESB in Release 13.
    Regards,
    Erik Ykema
  • 12. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    641097 Newbie
    We are working on an integration scenario which involves interaction with RIB but we are having problems with it. So right now we are think of bypassing RIB and calling the API's directly by creating wrappers over it.

One thing i want to know is can we by pass RIB and still use RIB Hospital feature through a custom package?

Please let me know if somebody has any info on this.

Thanks
  • 13. Re: Retek and Oracle Financials Integration
    659973 Newbie
    Hello,

You mention that sales data gets posted directly to General Ledger directly. What happens in case my sales are in terms of credit card sales etc, where i still have to confirm receipt from the bank.

Should these sales entries not first get posted to an intermediate accounts receivable and only on confirmation get posted to the general ledger.

regards
    Vijay