1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 8, 2008 12:23 AM by 514854 RSS

new

hello guys i'm new here and i have installed "Oracle Application Server Web Cache 10g (10.1.2) Build 10.1.2.0.2 050802" standalone.i didn't change anything in the congiguration but i can't get this web cache to work with me. i try it localy and i put in inetnet explorer proxy "127.0.0.1:80" but no pages are loaded and i have internet connection. did i miss something or i have to install oracale http server in same machine so i can use oracle web cache working as a proxy and caching server? best regards

Message was edited by:
      user618039
        • 1. Re: new
          Hi!

Since you've installed standalone WebCache (as opposed to J2EE & WebCache install), you have to do some configuration changes.
          First of all, you have install Oracle HTTP Server (OHS). This can be done in same machine or a different machine depending on your hardware. After installing OHS, you should (1) add this as an "Origin Server" and (2) create a "Site to Server" mapping in the WebCache administration UI or EM. I would suggest you to refer "Oracle Web Cache Administration Guide" for this purpose.

Thanks,
          KMS