This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
We always recommend customers to go on the latest version. As of today, 126.96.36.199 is the latest and greatest.
What's the latest and greatest version of Web Cache as of right now, to use with 10.1.3.1 App server that has the 10.1.3.3 patch?
10.1.2 is the latest and greatest.
And then apply 10.1.2.2 patchset!
Agreed. The actual version is 10.1.2.2.1
For standalone, I did the following:
10.1.2.2 Patch (4960210)
10.1.2.2.1 Patch (6413592)
I also tweaked the OS a fair bit. On windows I did the following (IBM Has this nicely documented, some common tuning considerations, I wish Oracle had such recommendations nicely documented somewhere):
1. Start the registry editor:
1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Click Run.
3. Type regedit in field provided.
4. Click OK
2. Use the following directory path to navigate to the registry key:
3. In the right pane of the registry editor, look for the TcpTimedWaitDelay value name. If it is not there, add it by selecting Edit > New > DWORD Value from the menu bar. Type the value name TcpTimedWaitDelay in the name box that appears with the flashing cursor.
Note: If you do not see the a flashing cursor and New Value # inside the box, right-click inside the right panel and select Rename from the menu, then type the value name TcpTimedWaitDelay in the name box.
4. Repeat this step for the following value names: MaxUserPort, MaxHashTableSize, and MaxFreeTcbs
5. Double-click inside the right pane again to set the value of TcpTimedWaitDelay. Select Decimal as the Base, and enter 30 in the Value data field.
6. Repeat step 5 for the following value names with the indicated value data:
* MaxUserPort = 65534 (Decimal)
* MaxHashTableSize = 65536 (Decimal)
* MaxFreeTcbs = 16000 (Decimal)
See the Microsoft® Web site for additional information about setting TCP/IP parameters in the registry.