This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2010 7:38 AM by Nevin RSS

Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?

625102 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Please can someone tell me where I can get the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from. I have tried searching Oracle.com, I can only find the oracle 10g ODBC drivers, I need the 11g drivers.

thanks
  • 1. Re: Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?
    395544 Newbie
    Check @ http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/index.html

For instant client check @ http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/linuxsoft.html
  • 2. Re: Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?
    625102 Newbie
    Hi, thanks for that reference, I cannot see the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from here. I have looked at this page before.

I can see the Oracle Database 11g Release 1 (11.1.0.6) JDBC drivers this found when scrolling down the page to the Driver section and selecting JDBC, when selecting ODBC you are directed to a page showing Oracle ODBC Driver and selecting Software from the Oracle ODBC resources takes you to a page with Oracle 10, Oracle 9 ODBC drivers,

I cannot see Oracle 11g ODBC drivers for Windows anywhere.

Message was edited by:
    idris_kp_1
  • 3. Re: Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?
    395544 Newbie
    The link @ http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html you should see the list of platform supported. Then you can click on the platform you are interested.

Windows instant clients can be found @ http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/winsoft.html

On same page, I could see ODBC driver after SDK,

"
    Instant Client Package - ODBC: Additional libraries for enabling ODBC applications instantclient-odbc-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (725,154 bytes)
    "
    Can you recheck it..is this is one you are looking for?
  • 4. Re: Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?
    625102 Newbie
    Hi Thanks,

The page gives you the following

Version 11.1.0.6.0
    Instant Client Package - Basic: All files required to run OCI, OCCI, and JDBC-OCI applications
    instantclient-basic-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (43,316,697 bytes)

*Instant Client Package - Basic Lite: Smaller version of the Basic, with only English error messages and Unicode, ASCII, and Western European character set support (10.2 only)
    instantclient-basiclite-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (17,012,357 bytes)

*Instant Client Package - JDBC Supplement: Additional support for XA, Internationalization, and RowSet operations under JDBC
    instantclient-jdbc-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (1,560,750 bytes)

Instant Client Package - SQLPlus: Additional libraries and executable for running SQL*Plus with Instant Client instantclient-sqlplus-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (788,050 bytes)

*Instant Client Package - SDK: Additional header files and an example makefile for developing Oracle applications with Instant Client  instantclient-sdk-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (1,059,905 bytes)

*Instant Client Package - ODBC: Additional libraries for enabling ODBC applications  instantclient-odbc-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (725,154 bytes)

It sounds like *Instant Client Package - ODBC: Additional libraries for enabling ODBC applications  instantclient-odbc-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip (725,154 bytes)  is only the ODBC drivers (which is what I want), i do not want to install Oracle Client as I already have Oracle 11g DB install. I am testing windows ODBC applications with Oracle11g, hence the need for the Oracle11g ODBC drivers.

thanks for your help. I will give these drivers a try.
  • 5. Re: Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?
    395544 Newbie
    Mentioned each instant client packages have individual components! Yes, instantclient-odbc-win32-11.1.0.6.0.zip has only ODBC driver.
  • 6. Re: Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?
    381876 Newbie
    After installing "ODTwithODAC1110621.zip" (using the setup.exe inside, of course), ODBC had error code 126.
    Resolved by copying file mfc71.dll to client_1 directory.
    It seems this DLL is still missing in installation package.
  • 7. Re: Where can I download the Oracle 11g ODBC drivers from?
    Nevin Newbie
    Oracle's website is just not very helpful. Has anyone explained this to them?