3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2008 5:10 PM by 8010 RSS

How to get return value from package procedure in Form Personalization

Hi ALL,

I want to return value from a package procedure to a Form field after doing some calculation on the field value.
      I am calling this package procedure through form personalization of that form.
      Can any one suggest How to do this ???

Regards
      Seemant
        • 1. Re: How to get return value from package procedure in Form Personalization

Message was edited by:
          srinivasdudi
          • 2. Re: How to get return value from package procedure in Form Personalization
            As I know, there's no solution to getting the precedure return value. It's the limitation on Personalization. Pls consider to use CUSTOM.pll instead.

Reference link (CUSTOM.pll versus Forms Personalization ):
            http://oracle.anilpassi.com/custom.pll-versus-forms-personalization-2.html
            • 3. Re: How to get return value from package procedure in Form Personalization
              Hi ALL,

I want to return value from a package procedure to
              a Form field after doing some calculation on the
              field value.
              I am calling this package procedure through form
              personalization of that form.
              Can any one suggest How to do this ???

Regards
              Seemant
              Hi,
              This is how I did when I had to get an out value out of a stored procedure.

1. Create a package level global variable, lets call it g_customer.
              2. Inside your procedure code, assign the value for g_customer.
              3. Create a new public function inside the package without any parameters. Lets call it get_customer. All it does is return the global variable defined in Step1. The function code will be

function get_customer return varchar2 is
              begin
              return g_customer;
              end get_customer;

4.In Forms Personalization, write another action step after the call to the procedure as follows:
              Action Type: Property
              Object Type: Global Variable or Item (depending on what you want to do with the returned item)
              Target Object: GLobal Variable name or Item Name (depending on what you selected above)
              Property Name: Value
              Value: <pkg_name>.get_customer

Hope that helps,
              Venkat