4 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2008 4:56 AM by 349885 RSS

Tasks - Workspace & personal

Hi!

I'm wondering if there is a posible to connect / link workspace tasks that applies to a user to be shown also in personal task (calendar component) as default?

If I assign an employee to a certain task it's shown only in workspace task list for a user but not in his calendar (personal) task view.

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Tasks - Workspace & personal
          I have the same problem. According to me, this functionality is pretty stupid.

Anyway I found following answer on Oracle Workspaces (Web Client)
          Troubleshooting and FAQs

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/cs/user_info/oworkspaces/index.html

FAQ ID: 010001
          Updated: 2005-07-15
          Version: 10.1.1
          Browser: ALL

Do workspace tasks appear in a user's personal Oracle Calendar tasks?

Tasks in a workspace are considered workspace tasks and are owned by the workspace. They are meant to be managed within the context of a workspace, and as such, they do not appear in a user’s personal Oracle Calendar tasks.
          • 2. Re: Tasks - Workspace & personal
            Hehehe, funny.

No matter if owner by workspace or not, at least what should be posible
            is that in personal tasks should be a link to task if opened in any workspace.

How can we organize our work on many projects, should i check every active project / workspace in the morning to check if i have anything new to work on?

hmmmm,
            Lets hope some found a solution.
            • 3. Re: Tasks - Workspace & personal
              Mufe, would you mind to contact me on my email sunbar@seznam.cz to discuss problems with OCS. Thanks.
              • 4. Re: Tasks - Workspace & personal
                Have you found a solution to that problem ?
                Do you know if Oracle is going to do something about it?