1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2008 2:50 AM by Carsten Czarski-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
        John Edward Scott
        you're right - but if you do not win, you totally loose - not only the contest, but also the time you >invested in the application...
        Don't take this the wrong way, but it's not mandatory to enter the competition ;)

• 31. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
          It depends of the number of participants. I don't think that so many people will participate. Most of us are working the whole day. I am not keen on extra-programming for an award after working the whole day. And the weather is fine, the girls are looking pretty and the after-work-beer in the Biergarten tastes delicious! It's definitely the wrong time for sitting at the computer desk.
          • 32. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
            Well, you could take a laptop to the Biergarten and try to impress the girls with your drunken apex coding skills.
            • 33. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
              Luis Cabral

That sounds interesting and challenging... with the apex job market here in uk a bit slow, if I win maybe it helps me to get a job in Germany?! Just joking...

Now my question: I could not find anywhere the parameters for the award. Great end-user experience? Stunning graphics? Use of advanced programming techniques? Security? Complexity? Usefulness? Innovativeness?

Of course I assume all of the above, but if I have a finite amount of time that I can spend e.g. either in the user interface or in the underlying code, which one would give more chances of winning? Anyone knows?

• 34. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
                Carsten Czarski-Oracle

You can use 11g EE functions and the BI publisher. But since the jury must have the chance to get your application unning on a preconfigured APEX server you are de-facto
                limited to the built-in APEX - BI PUblisher integration. A "self-built" integration would be not allowed ...

Best regards

1 2 3 Previous Next