This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2008 12:50 AM by Carsten Czarski Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
    Jes Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello,
    you're right - but if you do not win, you totally loose - not only the contest, but also the time you >invested in the application...
    Don't take this the wrong way, but it's not mandatory to enter the competition ;)

John.
    --------------------------------------------
    http://jes.blogs.shellprompt.net
    http://apex-evangelists.com
  • 31. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
    Rumburak Newbie
    It depends of the number of participants. I don't think that so many people will participate. Most of us are working the whole day. I am not keen on extra-programming for an award after working the whole day. And the weather is fine, the girls are looking pretty and the after-work-beer in the Biergarten tastes delicious! It's definitely the wrong time for sitting at the computer desk.
  • 32. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
    d_wilhelm Pro
    Well, you could take a laptop to the Biergarten and try to impress the girls with your drunken apex coding skills.
  • 33. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
    Luis Cabral Pro
    Hi

That sounds interesting and challenging... with the apex job market here in uk a bit slow, if I win maybe it helps me to get a job in Germany?! Just joking...

Now my question: I could not find anywhere the parameters for the award. Great end-user experience? Stunning graphics? Use of advanced programming techniques? Security? Complexity? Usefulness? Innovativeness?

Of course I assume all of the above, but if I have a finite amount of time that I can spend e.g. either in the user interface or in the underlying code, which one would give more chances of winning? Anyone knows?

Thanks,
    Luis
  • 34. Re: REWARD € 5.000 - German Apex Award
    Carsten Czarski Journeyer
    Hi,

You can use 11g EE functions and the BI publisher. But since the jury must have the chance to get your application unning on a preconfigured APEX server you are de-facto
    limited to the built-in APEX - BI PUblisher integration. A "self-built" integration would be not allowed ...

Best regards

-Carsteb
1 2 3 Previous Next