12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2013 1:59 PM by EdHayes3 RSS

How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template

Can anyhow help me in implementing the OMR Marks logic in the rtf template.

Tons of thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
          Hi Lakshmanan,,

If you are referring to the MICR line (check number, bank routing number, account number printed in MICR font below the check part) here is the solution...

All you need to do is to have the fonts (MICR fonts) installed on your system...the trial version is available on net...www.idautomation.com.....

have them installed on your system.....

Map the check number, routing number and account number fields on RTF template and set their font to this IDAutomationSMICR font.

One more point, you need to have these fonts installed on server under the following path:

"/usr/local/fonts/ttf/ "

and this needs to be mapped inthe XDO.cfg (under AF_JRE_TOP/hre/lib). The sample XDO.cfg file looks like this:

<config version="1.0.0" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/config/">
          <properties>
          <property name="system-temp-dir">/tmp</property>
          <property name="pdf-compression">true</property>
          <property name="pdf-security">False</property>
          <property name="pdf-open-password">user</property>
          <property name="pdf-permissions-password">owner</property>
          <property name="pdf-no-printing">false</property>
          <property name="pdf-no-changing-the-document">true</property>
          </properties>
          <fonts>
          <font family="MICR" style="normal" weight="normal">
          <truetype path="/usr/local/fonts/ttf/IDAutomationSMICRB.ttf"/>
          </font>
          </fonts>
          </config>

I hope this information is helpful to you....
          • 2. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
            Hi,
            Thanks for your response. My actual query is not on MICR font but anyhow its a informative reply for me.thanks for that.

My actual question is we need to print the OMR mark in the bottom right of the printer which the sorting machine will read and fold the pages and put that in an envolope. So it will be great if u can help out to proceed on this.

Thanks
            Lakshmanan A
            • 3. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
              Lakshmanan

Did you ever receive an answer to this as we have the same request?

Thanks
              John
              • 4. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                John,
                No I have not received any solution for this :(
                But I am trying myself on this and managed to make it. But need to find the variable or the XML macro which holds the current page number and total pagenumber because based on that only I can make the final OMR Marks working.

So still googling to find the pagenumber macro.

If you are able to find it then please let me know. I will also do the same.

Thanks
                Lakshmanan.
                • 5. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                  Lakshmanan

Thanks will keep you informed. At this stage we have tried to use Word fields specifically PAGE and NUMPAGE to compare against each other in an if statement. However this does not look to be working at all. Will move onto the XSL:FO components and see if there is any usable way to do it there.

Will keep you posted.
                  Cheers
                  John
                  • 6. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                    Tim Dexter
                    http://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/2007/04/17#a244
                    • 7. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                      Tim

Thanks for the post, yes I read your blog about adding the slugs. I could not however find the reference blog on how to create the slugs. If you could post the reference blog it would be appreciated.

Here is the full OMR requirements.

All pages have the starting status slug.
                      Page Number Slugs - a cycle of three slugs dependent on binary representation of page number for example page 1 is 001 therefore 1 slug in position three, page 2 is 010 therefore 1 slug in position 2, when you get to page eight it recycles and you use 001 again.
                      Last Page Slug - additional slug on the last page.

I have not found a way in the RTF template to accomplish this yet as I do not seem to be able to manipulate the page number from the RTF template.

Thanks for all your help and insight welcome.

Cheers
                      John
                      • 8. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                        Lakshmanan

We managed to create a MS Word template and embed functions within the template to calculate the OMR markings based on the page number. Our requirements were as follows:

1 Static OMR Marking
                        3 Page OMR 1 thru 8 and then reuse if page count is greater than 8
                        1 End of document OMR Marking

Preliminary tests have shown this works correctly. If you would like me to send you the MS Word template with the code, please let me know.

Thanks
                        John
                        • 9. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                          FYI, BI Publisher does not support the MS Word logic so further testing revealed that this is not feasible, pity.

Also from support, they indicated that there are no current plans for OMR support natively. So looks like the Java route is the only option.
                          • 10. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                            Tim Dexter
                            Hi All

I wrote an entry on OMRing

http://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/2007/04/adding_omr_marks.html

Regards

Tim

http://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher
                            • 11. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                              Tim

Thanks for the post. Have read the blog and found it informative, do you perhaps have a link to the other blog mentioned in this post.

"Use line drawings - I have covered elsewhere how you can manipulate drawings in the RTF templates. You can use the same technique to create the necessary 'slugs' and then repeat them down the page on every page unless you put in a section break. This method can and does work for 'a' "

Have searched and cannot seem to find the mentioned article.

Thanks
                              John
                              • 12. Re: How to add OMR Marks in the rtf template
                                EdHayes3

did you figure out how to get the last page marker?