This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 10:57 AM by Satishbabu Gunukula Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    kmensah Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

Which database release are you using and which JDK is the river being used with?

Kuassi
    http://db360.blogspot.com
  • 16. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    285733 Newbie
    Hi,

We have a 0-24 application with the same problem. We have 2 application servers and sometimes we got the following exceptions:

java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state.
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.init(T4C8Oall.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.doOall8(T4CCallableStatement.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.execute_for_rows(T4CCallableStatement.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.execute(OracleCallableStatement.java(Compiled Code))

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Invalid Packet Lenght
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.do_rollback(T4CConnection.java(Compiled Code))
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.rollback(PhysicalConnection.java(Compiled Code))

The problem always appears the same time period on either app server and after a few minutes disappears without restarting anything.

JDBC version: 10.1.0.4.0
    Database version: 10.2.0.3.0

Any idea? Maybe newer JDBC drivers resolves that?
    Thanks.
  • 17. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    238366 Newbie
    In our application we use Bea application server by the clients and 10.2.0.3 driver version. The driver version is the same by the client and the server.
  • 18. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    512835 Newbie
    Hi,
    we have the same problem
    we connected with jdbc version 10.1.0.2 to database with the same version
    =========================
    Exception Occured=java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket time=Wed Oct 31 19:23:45 GMT+03:00 2007

Exception Occured=java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket time=Wed Oct 31 21:53:42 GMT+03:00 2007

Exception Occured=java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state. time=Wed Oct 31 23:00:27 GMT+03:00 2007

Exception Occured=java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state. time=Thu Nov 01 00:23:48 GMT+03:00 2007

===================================
    Any one has a fix or work around for this.Please post if any one has more info regarding this
    thank you
  • 19. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    610594 Newbie
    Update jdbc libraries (ojdbc14.jar, orai18n.jar, ojdbc14dms.jar) to 10.2.0.4 solves problem.
    %ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib

Environment:

JDeveloper 10.1.3.1.0
    OAS mid1013
    Oracle AQ
    Oracle DB 9.2
  • 20. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    555778 Newbie
    Thanks for this update, i downloaded the libraries and it fixed the issue i was having.
  • 21. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    347080 Newbie
    Hi, We get the same error now and then:

Exception while closing connection: -- OALL8 is in an inconsistent state

The database version we have is :Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bi
    and the ojdbc14.jar version is given below:

Implementation-Title: ojdbc14.jar
    Specification-Vendor: Oracle Corporation
    Specification-Version: Oracle JDBC Driver version - "10.2.0.4.0"
    Implementation-Version: Oracle JDBC Driver version - "10.2.0.4.0"
    Implementation-Vendor: Oracle Corporation
    Implementation-Time: Sat Feb 2 11:40:29 2008

Any idea why the error is coming up.
  • 22. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    586307 Newbie
    I use weblogic 10.3 , ojdbc6.jar and my RAC is ojdbc14.jar.I use Spring. I often get that error of OALL8 being inconsistent. Real Cause is Network. If you see above in somebody's error codes, it says Invalid Packet length, which cannot be changed by us except network layer.
    In my case too, I think network layer writes headers rampantly making Oracle 10G Dysfunction. I also get Closed Connection afterwards. So, Please check your router firewalls that is eating our jdbc sockets, and oracle would never know if connecting entity has passed away, disconnected, or network Slow speed made it assume erroneous situation.
  • 23. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    740909 Newbie
    Well, It could be the Network layer firewall or it couldn't be!.. but I had the same problem while my ApplicationServer is on the same machine of the Databse server!.. the exception is intermittent but it's frequntly there

My application was working fine for more than a year..and I didn't change anything, except we moved the Database & AS to another machine last august then the problem of OALL8 poped up (at the same time a new version of microsoft ISA server has been installed on the network!)

I tried to update the JDBC files on both AS, Databse directory.. but no luck!..
    (what JDBC files should I update..the ones on DataBase home jdbc directory or the ones on the AS directory!!)

Could it be shown lately than before due to database data getting bigger?.. OR a JDBC driver issue? ..OR a Network issue ?!!!

Please, can any expert or anyone who got a solution confirm that ?

---------------------------------------------
    DB version: 10.2.0.1.0
    JDBC on Database: 10.2.0.1.0

OracleAS version: 10.1.2.0.2
    JDBC on AS: 10.1.0.4.2
  • 24. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    791331 Newbie
    This error occurred for me because I made a change to a db table (added a column) and did not restart the application server to refresh the connection pools. So the prepared statements were still cached by the connections and needed to be refreshed.
  • 25. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    309670 Newbie
    For me it was a modified DB and the work directory of the apache tomcat for the application needed to be destroyed (to remove any cached / serialized states). Then all was well. I would say this is perhaps related to the driver state being cached somewhere.

Bizarre perhaps but that's how it was.
  • 26. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    1001210 Newbie
    Thanks a lot.. This is the right solution.
    I was having the same kind of problem.
    I was using oracle 11g and was trying to connect with class12.jar driver(older version).
    And one of my table has 140 columns..
    So it went in OALL8 state throwing exception like : "Refuse to write to socket."

But then I updated my driver to JDBC 11.02.3 and everything works fine..
  • 27. Re: java.sql.SQLException: OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    Satishbabu Gunukula Oracle ACE
    Users can refer below link for possible solution and more info

OALL8 is in an inconsistent state
    http://www.oracleracexpert.com/2013/03/oall8-is-in-inconsistent-state.html

Regards
    Satish
1 2 Previous Next