1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2008 3:41 AM by 502182 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: PLS-00302: component 'SAFE' must be declared
        hello cshay,

I provide the select and the result is
        COUNT(*)
        ----------

It's allways the same problem
        • 16. Re: PLS-00302: component 'SAFE' must be declared
          Christian.Shay -Oracle
          I hate to ask this, but have you tried uninstalling the Oracle Database Extensions for .NET and then reinstalling and reconfiguring it?

The engineering staff is telling me there is something seriously wrong with your install of the DBMS_CLR package.
          • 17. Re: PLS-00302: component 'SAFE' must be declared
            Hallo,

i think the Problem is the path to the dba_directory ORACLECLRDIR. If there is $ORACLE_HOME\bin\clr defiened - the system can not find the path at the Oracle PC. When i insert the complete path to the e:\oracle\bin\clr folder the system can copy the .dll, but after the copy the failure PLS-00302: component 'SAFE' must be declared appears. Can you tell me the reason why the system can't find the path $ORACLE_HOME\bin\clr.

regards
            • 18. Re: PLS-00302: component 'SAFE' must be declared
              Hello,

I am working on Oracle 9i database.

I am tryting to executive a plsql procedure then i got the following error -
              Aravind @ 9i >> execute dbms_system.set_trace_in_session(10, 8, true);
              BEGIN dbms_system.set_trace_in_session(10, 8, true); END;

ERROR at line 1:
              ORA-06550: line 1, column 19:
              PLS-00302: component 'SET_TRACE_IN_SESSION' must be declared
              ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
              PL/SQL: Statement ignored

So as you suggested to re-deploying DBMS_CLR i try to execute the dbmsclr.plb scirpt then i am getting the following error -

Aravind @ 9i >> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsclr.plb
              SP2-0310: unable to open file "/orcl/aravind/oracle9i/OraHome1/rdbms/admin/dbmsclr.plb"

Then i check default path of dbmsclr.plb, its not available there,
              so is the only way to get dbmsclr.plb is to reinstall the software or is there any other way.

Please let me know.
              • 19. Re: PLS-00302: component 'SAFE' must be declared
                You are getting error due to missing component 'SET_TRACE_IN_SESSION' and not due to 'SAFE'. Even though the error number PLS-00302 is same, they are not related. 'SET_TRACE_IN_SESSION' has nothing to do with DBMS_CLR for sure.

By the way, DBMS_CLR will be found only in db 10gR2 and above.
                1 2 Previous Next