This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2010 8:20 AM by 787759 RSS

Oracle AdminServer

655584 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi everyone,

can anybody give me some information about the product called AdminServer which oracle has recently acquired.....i couldnt find any related data on the oracle site regarding this product.....This is basically an insurance policy administration tool.i want to explore it..so if anybody is working on it, can give me some insight on it

Message was edited by:
user652581
  • 1. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    596519 Newbie
    On 13th May 2008 Oracle announced today that it has agreed to acquire AdminServer, a rapidly growing provider of insurance policy administration software. AdminServer's product offering will become a core component of Oracle's existing insurance industry software that is used by more than one thousand insurers, including 20 of the top 20 global insurance companies.

The AdminServer product line will significantly accelerate Oracle's investment in the insurance industry and be complemented by Oracle's existing insurance products such as Oracle Billing, Siebel Claims and Siebel CRM for Insurance.

The combination of Oracle and AdminServer will result in a comprehensive, end-to-end insurance policy management solution that can manage multiple insurance product lines such as life, annuities and reinsurance. Additionally, AdminServer's management and employees will form a dedicated global business unit within Oracle, which will focus on providing critical operational applications to the insurance industry. AdminServer's CEO Rick Connors is now leading the new Insurance GBU as General Manager.

"Most insurers still rely on legacy policy administration applications that are extremely inflexible and impede enterprise agility and efficiency," said Oracle President Charles Phillips. "Together, Oracle and AdminServer plan to deliver the most modern, comprehensive, standards-based and well-integrated enterprise software suite for the insurance industry."

More information is available at http://www.oracle.com/adminserver.
    For all sales and support related information please reach out to "jim.rourke AT oracle.com"
  • 2. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    655584 Newbie
    hi,
    Thanks a lot for replying....i have also learnt that oracle has not provided any demo version downloads for this product...correct me if i am wrong.

Message was edited by:
    user652581
  • 3. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    596519 Newbie
    There are no downloads available at this point but we are in the process of building out a solution factory where demo's and whitepapers will be available. Stay tuned.
  • 4. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    655584 Newbie
    hi,

We have recently found out that there is a downloadable version for oracle policy administartion tool in edelivery..

has oracle come up with something on this product....can we get some support from oracle in obtaining a demo version ,so that we can have some hands-on and look for the licenced version thereafter.
  • 5. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    596519 Newbie
    Thank you for your note. I am afraid there is no functional version of AdminServer PAS or Rules Palette available at this time available on eDelivery.

If you would like to see the application and discuss this further with AdminServer sales you can email the contact listed in the other threads regarding AdminServer.

Rgds

Oracle Insurance Team
  • 6. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    655584 Newbie
    Its available on edelivery.oracle.com........
    can i download the oracle insurance policy administration media pack from there. Does it have a 30-day trial
    or do i need licence to install it.. (my oraganisation has partners membership with oracle)
  • 7. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    596519 Newbie
    After a little research there is an Oracle Insurance Policy Administration app on eDelivery, however it is incomplete. You can download it, but installing will not be possible for two reasons:

1.     It lacks installation documentation
    2.     More importantly there would be no database to work with.

If you want to know more or get a copy of the application I suggest you contact Oracle Insurance Policy Administration Sales. For all sales and support related information please reach out to "jim.rourke AT oracle.com"

In addition you could reach out to your Oracle Partner.

Thank you for your inquiry and Happy New Year
  • 8. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    759634 Newbie
    Hi,

Oracle is planning to release database of OIPA v9.1 which includes Annuities on e-delivery website in next week or so.

Thanks

Edited by: user12024481 on Mar 16, 2010 1:26 PM
  • 9. Re: Oracle AdminServer
    761583 Newbie
    Hi,

I do have a few architectural queries when it comes to using AdminServer.THe documentation available on the configuration of web-services on admin server is very scant.Other than the scanty available documentation of AsFile configuration, there is hardly any material available for use.

Can somebody help me out with this ?

Regards,
    sp
  • 10. Re: Oracle AdminServer - documentation available on the configuration of WS
    596519 Newbie
    Dear Sir/Madam;
    We have additional materials - but to access it is best to contact Oracle Support. You can also find additional support on Oracle hey MetaLink.
    Kind regards
  • 11. Re: Oracle AdminServer - documentation available on the configuration of WS
    451804 Newbie
    Can we get the database of PAS Vesion 8? We are in the process of learning to configure rules in Version 8.
  • 12. Re: Oracle AdminServer - documentation available on the configuration of WS
    694318 Newbie
    edelivery.oracle.com is where you'll need to go. But before doing so, verify that you have the proper license to access/use OIPA.

You'll need to filter the Product Pact to Oracle Insurance Applications. There you will find part number B58474-01 that contains db versions for Oracle SQL and DB2.

Good luck!

db
  • 14. Re: Oracle AdminServer - documentation available on the configuration of WS
    787759 Newbie
    Hi,
    Does anybody here knows how to configure an outbound webservice call in v8.? I do not know where to specify teh webservice url that i need to call.

thanks,
    b
1 2 Previous Next