Sorry, i probably mixed up everything. I got the database, it's in a file, on my disc, and I've to read some data from this database. Everything has to be made on my computer and I've to create an application that communicates with the database(local now). If it works locally I'll try to communicate with real database(on remote server). But now, I cant do it. Database administrator gave me a copy of database so I can develop my app locally.
1) How the Database Administrator gave you a copy of the DB?
2)Can you detail it? (Size of db, Version,etc)
3)Take a look on these links:
- [Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit)|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/b14316/toc.htm]
- [2 Day DBA|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14196/toc.htm]
- [10g Concepts|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/toc.htm]
- [Administrator Guide|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/toc.htm]
Also if the version of the DB is XE (Express Edition) Here you will find all the information you need:
- [Oracle Express Documentation|http://www.oracle.com/pls/xe102/homepage?remark=tahiti]
- [Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/install.102/b25143/toc.htm]
- [Getting Started Guide|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/admin.102/b25610/toc.htm]
- [Oracle XE 2 Day DBA|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/admin.102/b25107/toc.htm]
For more Documentation links, please refer to: http://tahiti.oracle.com
Francisco Munoz Alvarez
Edited by: F. Munoz Alvarez on Sep 1, 2008 10:29 PM
Edited by: F.Munoz Alvarez on Nov 30, 2012 10:58 AM
I installed Oracle 9i and created a database. Now I'm trying to import the database admin have me.
I'd like to ask about "error_log" file. It consumes a lot of disc space , about 4gb. Is this file necessary ??