4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2008 5:29 PM by Shail Goel RSS

Linux Web Cache Standalone Documentation

Hello, I have downloaded the as_linux_x86_webcache_101202.cpio, however I am unable to find the installation documentation, it does not come with the download and I am also unable to find it on OTN. Can some direct me to where I may be able to locate this document? Regards Stephen
        • 1. Re: Linux Web Cache Standalone Documentation
          Just start the runInstalller.sh

cu
          Andreas
          • 2. Re: Linux Web Cache Standalone Documentation
            Yeah, it seems pretty obvious oracle has either abandoned it's web cache all together or will only get it to work if you pay them money, haven't had any success of getting it to run on any linux distributions... Although, I've heard it works on maybe redhat es version 3?
            • 3. Re: Linux Web Cache Standalone Documentation
              Shail Goel
              Bit late comments but want to mention this:

- Oracle has not abandoned Oracle Web Cache. We are (and will be in future) continuously improving it. You will see whole bunch of new features/functionalities in Web Cache when the next major release (11gR1) of Oracle Application Server becomes available.

- Standalone Web Cache documentation is available here (it is part of Web Cache Admin Guide):
              http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/caching.1012/b14046/webcachectl.htm#i636591

- You can install Standalone Web Cache off of Oracle Application Server Companion CD available here:
              http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/ias/htdocs/101202.html
              Follow the installation instructions mentioned in above guide.

Thanks
              Shail
              • 4. Re: Linux Web Cache Standalone Documentation
                Shail Goel
                Again bit late comment but just in case if you haven't yet found the solution.

Yes, you can use this file (as_linux_x86_webcache_101202.cpio) to install Standalone Web Cache. You can also install it off of Oracle Application Server Companion CD.

I tried it and when I extract this file here is what I see:

$ ls -l
                total 285780
                -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 292340224 Sep 17 15:14 as_linux_x86_webcache_101202.cpio
                drwxr-xr-x 5 oracle dba 4096 Dec 1 2005 Disk1

$cd Disk1
                $ls -l
                total 20
                drwxr-xr-x 4 oracle dba 4096 Dec 1 2005 install
                -rwxr-xr-x 1 oracle dba 5189 Dec 1 2005 runInstaller
                drwxr-xr-x 9 oracle dba 4096 Dec 1 2005 stage
                drwxr-xr-x 4 oracle dba 4096 Dec 1 2005 utils

So there it (runInstaller) is under Disk1 directory.

Thanks
                Shail