13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2008 4:48 PM by juan_m_quiroz RSS

Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9

Someone have get it?? I have an error when click in the Next button, and i followed some guides to install oracle in tiger, but all with the same result. Do you have any idea?? Is possible run 10g on parallels, and use it with jdeveloper in tiger??

Thank in advance and sorry for my english.
        • 1. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
          It would be helpful if you paste the exact error message you are getting.

Also, tell us what you are trying to install, is it the Oracle database or other Oracle tool? Also what hardware are you trying to install on, Intel Mac, G4 etc?

Paul
          • 2. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
            Sorry Paul ;)
            I am trying to install oracle 10g database on macbook. I don´t have here the laptop, but after do everything in the guides that i founded , when execute ./runinstaller, and after that i click in the next button get an error.
            At the evening i will post it the error.

Thank you
            • 3. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
              jpiwowar
              Hi,

The error you describe sounds like the same error I got when I tried to install Oracle on my MacBook Pro, so I assume that you're running an Intel-based Mac. If that is true, you will not be able to install the Oracle database on your Mac. In answer to your other question: Yes you should be able to install the database software into a Parallels VM and use Jdeveloper or SQLDeveloper to connect to it.

Good luck,

John P.
              • 4. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                Hi,
                I experienced a similar error when I tried to run the installer.I got two error files created and the contents of the files are:

2007-04-02 10:41:32.698 java[20335] CFLog (0): CFMessagePort: bootstrap_register(): failed 1103 (0x44f), port = 0x12103, name = 'java.ServiceProvider'
                See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.
                2007-04-02 10:41:32.703 java[20335] CFLog (99): CFMessagePortCreateLocal(): failed to name Mach port (java.ServiceProvider)
                =======================================================================
                Error File

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /private/tmp/OraInstall2007-04-02_10-21-57AM/oui/lib/macosx/liboraInstaller.jnilib:
                at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1647)
                at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:769)
                at java.lang.System.load(System.java:967)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.loadNativeLib(OiipuUnixOps.java:372)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.<clinit>(OiipuUnixOps.java:119)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgEnvironment.getEnv(OiipgEnvironment.java:195)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgBootstrap.getDefaultLocationFileLoc(OiipgBootstrap.java:594)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setDefaultInvLocVar(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:406)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setupInventoryLocation(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:335)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.initialize(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:208)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:146)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:937)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:230)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:399)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.runInstaller(OiicInstaller.java:717)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:628)
                Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oraInstaller in java.library.path occurred..
                java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oraInstaller in java.library.path
                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
                at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
                at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.loadNativeLib(OiipuUnixOps.java:390)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.<clinit>(OiipuUnixOps.java:119)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgEnvironment.getEnv(OiipgEnvironment.java:195)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgBootstrap.getDefaultLocationFileLoc(OiipgBootstrap.java:594)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setDefaultInvLocVar(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:406)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setupInventoryLocation(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:335)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.initialize(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:208)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:146)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:937)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:230)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:399)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.runInstaller(OiicInstaller.java:717)
                at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:628)
                ================================================

Am I missing something?My Os is MAC 10.4.9..
                Thanks
                • 5. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                  schrier
                  Hi,

I don't know if you still have the problem but I've managed to install the client. I took these steps:

1. change current java version from 1.5 to 1.3
                  2. copie and edit responsefile from installation dir to ..
                  3. start installer using silent mode and responsefile

B.T.W. I run max os x tiger 10.4.9 on intel duo core
                  • 6. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                    schrier
                    I'm only not able to run any gui but command line looks ok
                    • 7. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                      I get the same exact error as user567899

OS 10.4.9
                      MacBook Pro (Intel)

I saw someone say earlier that we cannot install it on Intel Macs...
                      • 8. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                        Also this is trying to install a complete database install not the client.
                        • 9. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                          schrier
                          The error message show that there is a problem with java. Perhaps you can manage to do the installation in quite mode. In my case that was the trick for the client.
                          • 10. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                            Hi,

Please check this link, the solution will allow the installer to continue but as Mauro mentioned there are other problems after.

Re: Abnormal Program Termination

Regards,
                            Ceci
                            • 11. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                              Hi, you can forget about installing 10 on a MacBook Pro (intel). I did the same thing, change JDK from 1.5 to 1.3. The installation goes fine up till to point it has to relink stuff. Then you'll find out the binaries are actually ppc instead of intel. We all just have to be patient until Oracle ports to intel. I think even a developers release would be welcomed by many. cheers
                              • 12. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                                Martin1
                                Hi,

yes in my opinion Oracle should support Mac OS X Intel because developers like me who want to switch from Windows to Mac should have an Oracle Server running on a MacBook for example. It haven't to be the latest version.

Best regards and hopefully we get Oracle@OS X soon ;-)
                                Martin
                                • 13. Re: Oracle 10g on tiger 10.4.9
                                  juan_m_quiroz
                                  What steps did you take to change java 1.5 to java 1.3?
                                  That's what I need.

thanks

juan