2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2008 9:09 AM by 461680 RSS

How to set polling interval for database adapter in interconnect?help plz!!

Hi

i have 4 database adapters with same name subscribing to same event in 4 different interconnect instances(i.e., same business event and application event in different hubs) and pointing to same source application database , same destination application database.

source application database have one oai bridge schema.When a message has to be sent,message will be enqueued in messageobjecttable.This message can be taken by 4 databse adapters.and send to 4hubs then 4 messages will be sent to destination application instead of single message.

To avoid this,I want to set database polling interval in 4 adapters sych a way that if one adapter take message in MESSAGEOBJECT TABLE,the other three adapters don't pick same message.

this way i can avoid redundacy at destination application.Please reply soon

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to set polling interval for database adapter in interconnect?help p
          Hi

i found that using parameter db_default_polling_interval,we can set polling interval in milli seconds in metalink .below are details

Bug No. 2899025 -->NEED CONFIGURABLE POLLING INTERVAL FOR DB ADAPTER

Please let me know if any one tried using this parameter with interconnect 10g.

thanks
          Aruneshwar
          • 2. Re: How to set polling interval for database adapter in interconnect?help p
            You would seem to have an extremely unusual use case for interconnect. The whole purpose of Interconnect is to concentrate the message processing into one hub and distribute the message to those applications interested in it. The use of 4 hubs from one application is probably not supported for precisely the reasons you are having trouble. Can you give us more details of your use case?

I am not sure that adjusting the polling interval for the different adapters will help. Since at some point you will get a collision where 2 or more adapters poll at the same time.