I have installed Oracle Connector to use Outlook as my default client for calendaring. It is unable to connect and gives the following error (I've deleted server name and username for anonymity):
When I use Oracle Calendar client (i.e the separate program) to connect, it is successful.
The Oracle Calendar server is unavailable.
The network may be down or the server name may be misspelled.
Protocol: Oracle Calendar
User Name: --------deleted--------
Please let me know the solution.
In the <strong>Oracle Calendar client</strong> (the stand-alone software), to setup the connection with my company's calendar, I follow these steps:
1. On the starting "Connection Manager" screen, I click on New and it pops up a "Connection Editor" screen
2. I give a name to the calendar, say "mycalendar" in "Connection Name" field
3. In the "server" field I put the calendar server of my organization: <strong>calendar.mis.xyzcompany.com</strong>
4. Now I click on the "Lookup" button and it populates all other fields for me - with the following data:
Authentication: Standard Authentication
Compression: Run Length Encoding Compression
After these steps, the stand-alone software <em>successfully</em> connects to the calendar.
In the <strong>Oracle Connector for Outlook</strong>, to setup the connection, I follow these steps:
1. I run the Oracle Connector Configuration Wizard
2. In the first "Profile Settings" page, I create a new profile called "outlook" and click on Next
3. In the next "Service Settings" page, I check on calendar and put the following options in the required fields
Server name: calendar.mis.xyzcompany.com
User name: myusername
4. In the "incoming mail server" and "outgoing mail server", I put my company's mail server. I click on Next
4. Then it gives me a "Profile Successfully Configured" and I click on "Finish"
After these steps, I open up Outlook. It successfully connects to the mail server but is <em>unsuccessful</em> in connecting to the calendar and gives this message:
"The Oracle Calendar server is unavailable. The network may be down or the server name misspelled."
There is no "Lookup Server" button in the configuration wizard for the connector. And there are not these other fields either like Node, Authentication, Encyption etc.
I cannot figure out the solution
Thanks a lot
We have the same problem here. We are running Corporate Time to access our calendar system. I ran a port scanner to figure out which port our calendaring system runs, but the port changes everytime I close and reopen Corporate Time. Any suggestions? Thanks.