5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2008 1:31 PM by 653835 RSS

Cannot install DBD::Oracle

user10402192
      Hi all,

I am trying to install DBD::Oracle on Windows machine using Cygwin. I downloaded DBD-Oracle from CPAN and unizipped. Then I tried to run "perl Makefile.PL" in DBD-Oracle directory but am getting the following error -

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin ........

Can anyone please help regarding this issue since I need to access Oracle from Perl scripts.

Thanks and Regards,
      Deepak
        • 1. Re: Cannot install DBD::Oracle
          Hi Deepak

Can you please tell us which release of oracle you are trying to install 9i, 10g or 11g?

Why are you using cygwin to do that is the installation on a unix server? Please explain a bit more.

What is your perl command?

perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI'
          or
          perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::Pg'

Have you added in your PATH "C:\Perl\lib;C:\Perl\site\lib" to the 'PATH' and/or 'PERL5LIB' environment variable ?

Please control that also.

Edited by: Hub on Oct 27, 2008 7:36 PM
          • 2. Re: Cannot install DBD::Oracle
            user10402192
            Thanks for the prompt reply. Am connecting to 9i.

Here is the update, though not checked whether its working or not -
            DOS> ppm install DBD::Oracle

--This didn't throw up any error. Also, when I do "ppm" on my DOS prompt it shows DBD::Oracle as installed !! Will try executing a query when I get to my Desktop.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
            • 3. Re: Cannot install DBD::Oracle
              you are welcome, have you ensured that all the variables are set on your clients?

can you please put the query you are trying?

thanks
              • 4. Re: Cannot install DBD::Oracle
                user10402192
                Well the command --

"ppm install DBD::Oracle " -- from DOS

worked out ! I didn't have any need at all to set any variables !!

My current setup - Windows server, Perl scripts run on Cygwin, Oracle9i.
                • 5. Re: Cannot install DBD::Oracle
                  So your error

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin ........

Does it still exist or is it fixed?

Please control also your PATH and variables in set in windows, the output would be appreciated.

thanks