This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
I created two stored procedures in my SQL Server database with names longer than 30 characters that were identical in the first 30 characters.
I captured them and converted the model and saw how their names were changed to make them unique within the first 30 characters.
I found the names in MD_STORED_PROGRAMS.
It seems that it's looking somewhere else and finding the original name and throwing an error when it finds it doesn't match the new name I gave it in the automated renaming process.Yes. Have a look at columns ORIGINAL_IDENTIFIER and NEW_IDENTIFIER in the table MD_DERIVATIVES.
You might want to try out how it works if your Java renaming program also manipulates the table MD_DERIVATIVES. I didn't yet try that out.
Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. I've now created a Java application that edits the CLOB in the MD_STORED_PROGRAMS table after being converted to the Oracle model from the captured schema. I'm changing procedure names, inserting/correcting copyright notices, fixing missing references to tables in other schema, and a few other necessary steps that SQL Developer doesn't handle. I'm able to automate what would have been a horribly tedious process in 900+ stored procs.
Thanks for the help!