4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2008 12:37 AM by 596581 RSS

Assign a category to a folder?

Hello,

My understanding of OCDB is that categories can be assigned to documents, but not to folders. Is this right?

If this is the case, which workaround is possible ?

Thanks in advance

Pascal
        • 1. Re: Assign a category to a folder?
          Hi Pascal,

You are correct -- the current version of Content Database does not support categories on folders.

Some good news: the next update (version 10.2.1) of Content Database does support this functionality via the API. (The default web GUI will not expose the new feature.)

For now, one workaround is to use a "hidden file" inside of each folder on which you wish to apply categories. Apply the categories on the hidden file, and then code your application to get the categories for that folder from the hidden file instead of from the folder itself.

- Luis
          • 2. Re: Assign a category to a folder?
            the next update (version 10.2.1) of Content Database
            Any rough idea on its date of availability ? Are we talking days, weeks
            or months?

Pascal
            • 3. Re: Assign a category to a folder?
              Soon. :-)

I can't give an estimate of availability, or they will take away my posting privileges.

- Luis
              • 4. Re: Assign a category to a folder?
                Hi Luis,

We are using 10.2.1.0.3 version of Content DB, but still not able to get the categories attached to the folder using CDB API. We are getting null when trying to get the atribute values of the category.

Thanks
                Eswari