1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 10, 2008 7:12 PM by 3004 RSS

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when activating new deployment

After sucessfully installing a new deployment through the WL10 console, I get the error below when I activate changes. But if I press activate a second time it works. Then when I try to start the app, I keep getting the same error?

<BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application 'xxxxxxxxx' due to error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/webapp/UIComponentTag.
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/webapp/UIComponentTag
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
      at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
      at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.defineClass(GenericClassLoader.java:338)
      at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:291)
      at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:259)
      at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:54)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
        • 1. Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when activating new deployment
          The second activate changes does nothing since you haven't changed
          anything. That is the reason that there is not error on the second time.

It sounds like your app needs to include the jar for the javax faces in
          your app or put it on the system classpath.

user boozer wrote:
          After sucessfully installing a new deployment through the WL10 console, I get the error below when I activate changes. But if I press activate a second time it works. Then when I try to start the app, I keep getting the same error?

<BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application 'xxxxxxxxx' due to error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/webapp/UIComponentTag.
          java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/webapp/UIComponentTag
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
          at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
          at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.defineClass(GenericClassLoader.java:338)
          at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:291)
          at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:259)
          at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:54)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)