This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 18, 2008 3:23 PM by 615860 RSS

Java equivalent for IdocScript <$HttpCgiPath$>?

615860 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have created a new component that I am using to send emails about certain content items based on metadata queries. What I would like to do is include the direct URL link of the specific content items for the user to click on in the email message body. I know that in IdocScript I can use the <$HttpCgiPath$> value to get the content server to resolve the path for me (if for instance I include "<$HttpCgiPath$>?IdcService=DOC_INFO&dID=111&dDocName=test_00000111" or something like this...). How can I build this URL in my Java code that I am using to construct the email message body? I know that I can use HTML in my message body string, but what can I use to retrieve the relative path for the content server in my Java code? Any hekp would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bill
  • 1. Re: Java equivalent for IdocScript <$HttpCgiPath$>?
    615860 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I was pointed to the answer on the Yahoo! intradoc_users group:

In the class library "intradoc.server.DirectoryLocator " use the method called "getCgiWebUrl" (passing in a boolean value of true). This method returns the "idcplg" part of the URL that I needed (i.e. "http://<server name>/<server instance>/idcplg").

I hope this helps someone else...

Thanks,

Bill

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points