3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2008 11:48 AM by Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle RSS

ADF Faces or Facelets

Hi all

In my company we currently have all our applications in "default" Struts/Tiles configuration that JDeveloper provide. But we would like to make it more component based and we dont really have any knowledge about other apporaches then when we can conclude based on different articles on the net. We would like to try out ADF Faces, but the more i look at it the more im nervous that it might end up bitting us in the tail in terms of flexibility. Then i read alot of things about Facelets, which is the "easy" way out, as i could read it anyway.

So my question is what makes the most sense, we have quite alot of applications with varried level of difficulty, would ADF Faces be the way to go and just write our own tags when needed and just get it over with, or is Facelets the better way ?

I know theres no real right or wrong but hope i can get some opinions and description of why this or that.
        • 1. Re: ADF Faces or Facelets
          Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
          For future reference you might want to post these type of questions on the JDeveloper forum which is a bit more active:
          JDeveloper and ADF

In any case - facelets is just a JSF implemantation and a templating mechanism.
          ADF Faces is a set of JSF components that can run on either the RI or the Facelets implementations of JSF.

What ADF Faces gives you is over a 150 components that you can use to create your forms - those components have built in Ajax functionality.
          When you choose to use facelets - you'll still need to choose a set of JSF components - and those can be the ADF Faces components.

The one area where Facelets and ADF Faces both have solutions for is templating for JSF - you can use either of them.

The question is why do you think you'll loose flexibility when using ADF Faces vs Facelets?
          • 2. The Back button in IE, in ADF Faces,.
            Step 1: Run page1.jspx
            Step 2: from page1, link to page2.jspx
            Step 3: in page2, show pop-up popup.jspx
            Step 4: close pop-up

Step 5: in page 2, click go Back of  IE 6 or IE 7
             don’t back page 1 , why ?

Step 6: in page 2, click go Back of IE
             go to page1.jspx
            • 3. Re: The Back button in IE, in ADF Faces,.
              Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
              How is this related to this thread? Please start a new thread and give more information on the versions you are using and the code in your pages if you want to get a reply.