This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2009 4:19 AM by -K- RSS

SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing

MatthiasHoys Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
I just downloaded the EA version of SQL Developer Data Modeling. I read in the release notes that the production release won't be free - any idea about the pricing ?

Matthias
  • 1. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    Kris Rice Employee ACE
    Hi,
    Packaging and pricing have not been finalized so we can't really say anything yet.
    -kris
  • 2. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    -K- Guru
    That's just great, this is being asked for since the very beginning, but I'm afraid it's getting a trend to ask money for every powerful new feature :(
    Now I do believe sqldev will remain a free product... but who will cope without the commercial extras and plugins?

Pitty,
    K.
  • 3. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    SueHarper Oracle ACE
    We will be doing ongoing development on the SQL Developer and believe that you'll be very please with some of the new functionality being included in release 2.0. This is what many of the development team are working on at present. In addition SQL Developer 2.0 will include a free viewer, which should allow users to view data models. Take a look at the FAQ on the modeling page.

Sue
  • 4. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    633274 Newbie
    When the cost option is released, will the current Early Access version remain functional or will it expire?

I’m about to start a new project. I considered using SQL Developer Data Modeling but I wouldn’t like to discard all my previous modelling work when a commercial license is required and I can't get it approved; I'd rather stick to pen & paper from the beginning... :)

P.S. The Oracle web sites offer a new different surprise every day. I've had to disable JavaScript to get a working textarea.
  • 5. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    664398 Explorer
    Dear Matthias,

The current plan is that the product is a priced option, but the exact details of this have not been finalized at this point. The official release is planned for 2009, but we can't provide specifics today as we're still working on some of the key functionality.

Kind regards,

René De Vleeschauwer
    SQL developer Data Modeling team
  • 6. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    164109 Newbie
    How do I download it?
  • 7. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    633274 Newbie
    borismgj wrote:How do I download it?
    Everything's explained in the first pinned topic in the thread list:

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=924
  • 8. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    Blais Newbie
    I know that you don't actually have the price of the Oracle SQL developer data modeling product. But do you know if Oracle SQL developer data modeling will be include with the Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition (EE) licences (if not, this is not what we can read in this document: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/oracle11g/pdf/database-11g-product-family-technical-whitepaper.pdf)?

I would like to start to use the beta product, but before, I would like to know if I will have access to the product after the release.

Thank you in advance,
  • 9. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    gary myers Explorer
    "this is not what we can read in this document"
    The only mention of 'model' in that document is 'SQL model', which refers to the MODEL syntax that can be used in a SELECT statement. That got added in 10g.
  • 10. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    Blais Newbie
    In the grid about what's include with each licence, we can read that SQL developer is include with Oracle RDBMS licences. Effectivly, we didn't read anything about the modeling options.
  • 11. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    SueHarper Oracle ACE
    Once the pricing for SQL Developer Data Modeling has been confirmed, we will release the full licensing detail. This will not affect the SQL Developer licensing that exists today. We plan to release SQL Developer Data Modeling as a stand alone product and then as an extension to SQL Developer, for those who want to work in an integrated environment. You can download the second early adopter release of SQL Developer Data Modeling and test and use the product. Once we have a production release, we will not answer queries on the early adopter releases and the feedback application we are currently offering for this will be shut down. As such you can continue to work with the early adopter release, but it is incomplete and would be unsupported.

Sue
  • 12. SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    Blais Newbie
    Actually do you have more informations about the release date ?
  • 13. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    SueHarper Oracle ACE
    Blais,

Once a question is marked as answered (with the green star), we might easily miss a new posting on it, it's best to add a new thread.

For all Oracle products we are unable to provide release date details. SQL Developer Data Modeling is due for release in 2009. I can't be more specific than that.

Sue
  • 14. Re: SQL Developer Data Modeling pricing
    Marwim Expert
    Hello Sue,

at a DOAG meeting last week I heard a prize per user that's far beyonde anything our employer will pay. We switched from Toad to SQL Developer recently and SQL Modeler would have been a good extension but if this is the final say the modeler is dead - for us.

Regards
    Marcus
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points