This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 1:13 AM by 998521 RSS

Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app

364381 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I had installed the BI Publisher Desktop s/w an year ago, but it got corrupted. I tried to uninstall the current one by going to "Add or Remove Programs" bu it complained that it cant find the uninstall file "XMLP***.msi". So I tried to install a new one hoping this would uninstall old one automatically, so downloaded the latest version (10.1.3.4.0) from Oracle website. When I try to install it, it asked me to uninstall old one and retry. I have searched for the all entries for "BI Publisher" in Registry and deleted but it still happens. I am not sure what my alternatives are to install and use this BI Publisher application. Plz advise.
Thx
  • 1. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    stevencallan Expert
    Related to this (not guaranteed to be) is that the template builder "dot" file used by Word is still present under C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP (look for TemplateBuilder.dot). Remove traces of this file, plus the C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Oracle\BIPublisher folder.
  • 2. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    364381 Newbie
    I couldnt find that file at the location you quoted, so I guess that wasnt the problem in my case. Thanks for your idea though.
    Luckily, I was able to install using the older version "XML Publisher" 5.6.2 instead of the "BI Publisher" 10.xx.
  • 3. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    642112 Newbie
    This is how you can remove it for good, and re-install it again:

1. Launch your regedit program in Windows--> Start-->Run. Type Regedit
    2. Go to the following location in your regedit tree:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Microsoft-->Windows-->CurrentVersion-->Uninstall

3. Look for "Oracle BI Publisher Desktop" in the "Uninstall" folder.
    4. For those entries with a random name enclosed with brackets, find "Oracle BI Publisher Desktop" using the "Display Name"
    5. Right-click and delete it. Verify that the sofware does not show in the list of installed software.
    6. You will be able to install Oracle BI Publisher Desktop after this.

Edited by: bperezg on Oct 9, 2009 4:21 PM

Edited by: bperezg on Oct 9, 2009 4:22 PM
  • 4. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    943680 Newbie
    Hi,

I am also having the same problem. Done the steps mentioned above,but still not able to install BI Publisher Desktop.
    Please suggest me how to solve this problem.

Thanks
    Suresh K

Edited by: 940677 on Sep 6, 2012 7:20 AM
  • 5. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    958708 Newbie
    Hi,
    You can not directly uninstall the BI Publisher desktop version by using Add/Remove. Follow the below link, it will help you to uninstall.

http://www.windowsuninstaller.org/winuninstall/how-to-remove-Oracle-BI-Publisher-Desktop-11-1-1-5-0-guide-Oracle-BI-Publisher-Desktop-11-1-1-5-0-uninstaller-info.html

Thanks,
    Yasar
  • 6. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    943680 Newbie
    Hi Yasar,

I haven't directly uninstalled the BI Publisher. The BI Publisher directory corrupted and I was uninstall the same. After doing the same, I tried to install the new one. But its asking me to remove the previously installed one, when I click on YES, after some time its showing an error saying that the directory corrupted and can't be Uninstall.
    I have tried with the software you mentioned, but I don't have the BI Publisher in the "Programs and Features " list as it was removed earlier.

Please let me know how to uninstall this software properly.

Thanks

Suresh K
  • 7. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    994230 Newbie
    Hi Suresh,

Did you found any solution to your problem. I'm facing the same issue now. If you found solution please post here.

Thanks!
    Sri
  • 8. Re: Unable to install the BI Publisher Desktop app
    998521 Newbie
    Hi,

You can not directly uninstall the BI Publisher desktop version by using Add/Remove. Follow the below link, it will help you to uninstall.

[http://www.glarysoft.com/absolute-uninstaller/download/]

Download the file and install it by launching this app. u can uninstall any software from ur computer.

Note: Install first BI Publisher Server and then install BI Publisher Desktop.

Edited by: 995518 on Mar 22, 2013 1:12 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points