This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2009 1:12 PM by 676735 RSS

Can anyone share how to integrate Demantra Demand Management to EBS R12?

676735 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest how to integrate Demantra Demand Management to EBS R12?
I use Demantra 7.2 and EBS R12.

I search in Manual and in some blogs but not much data support. If possible, I want step-by-step starting from set up such as setup the instance.

More of my concern are;
- Is Demantra can integrate with MRP, without APS or ASCP?
- Is that necessary to integrate by using seed data? If I implement my series with all new series, how can I suppose to link them to EBS?

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,
Tanya T.
  • 1. Re: Can anyone share how to integrate Demantra Demand Management to EBS R12?
    Shekhar Journeyer
    Hi Tanya,
    To begin with, you can refer to the Metalink doc 434991.1 for an in-depth explanation on the integration from a technical perspective. Apart from this, there is an ocean of knowledge in the Demantra Documentation libraby in the metalink.The Implementation Guide provides an overview of the integration processes that synchronize or move data between Oracle Demantra and E-Business Suite applications.

Now coming to your concerns:
    - Can Demantra be integrated with MRP, without APS or ASCP?
    After going through the above mentioned documents on Demantra, if you still want an integrated instance of Demantra and MRP without using APS, then it will have to be a highly customized solution.This scenario will obviously have a great impact on various business aspects,which is out of scope of this discussion.

- Is it necessary to integrate by using seeded data?How to link new series to EBS?
    The Demantra - EBS integration adds two new responsibilities for Demand Management viz. i)Demand Management System Administrator and ii)Demand Analyst.
    The System Administrator creates a new user in the E-Business Suite with the relevant responsibility for which the user is automatically created in Oracle Demantra.
    The user with "Demand management system Administrator" responsibility can create new series that get added in the Demand management component on creation. This series can then be used as per requirement.

I hope my comments help.Feel free for further discussions.

Regards,
    Shekhar
  • 2. Re: Can anyone share how to integrate Demantra Demand Management to EBS R12?
    676735 Newbie
    Hi Shekha,

Thank you so much for your answer. It helps :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points