Hi. (Hopefully this is the correct forum for Eclipse/oepe issues.)
When defining a new Weblogic server, I get the following error from the wizard upon entering the domain. The server is invalid. Error occurred reading server credential. If the domain was recreated, the server instance in Workshop must also be recreated. Required classpath for credential detection is missing. Detection is disabled.
This happens regardless if I setup a new domain, or point it to the sample *...10.3/samples/domains/wl_server*.
Can you check your domain directory to see if the security credential file exists?
Workshop only supports WebLogic domain created in development mode, which should include this file when created.
Another possibility is that the file is damaged that the Workshop cannot parse the file.
Correct. I do NOT have a mydomain/security/boot.properties file.
I do however have a mydomain/servers/AdminServer/security/boot.properties file.
So the question now is, how do I get a new boot.properties file into mydomain/security. Can I just copy the file from the AdminServer hierarchy?
Looks like you are trying to define a Server against a managed WLS server.
Workshop only supports development on an AdminServer.
In you case, you have to create the Server in IDE and pointing the domain path to the AdminServer.
This might not be a domain creation problem then, also I just noticed you mentioned that you had problem even with /samples/domains/wl_server.
There seems to be an either corrupted OEPE installation or mis-matched OEPE adapter and WLS 10.3 runtime.
Which version of OEPE are you using and how did you install it? I will suggest you try a new installation of Eclipse/OEPE.
And check you WLS 10.3 is installed properly -- can you start the domain outside of IDE?
I have tried two distinct paths, both on Eclipse 3.4 and Suse Linux 11.1.
1. In a standard wtp 3.4, I chose to download additional adapters, which also pulled in OEPE 1.0 (*Help-->About* displays the 1.0 OEPE icon). At the same time I installed WLS 10.3 from scratch. I am able to run the admin console.
(And when that didn't work:)
2. I dl'd the complete eclipse 3.4 configured with OEPE from the Oracle site, installed it a new directory and new workspace, did nothing else (um might have tweaked eclipse.ini ) but try to install new server. And when that didn't work, deleted WLS 10.3, and re-installed it in a new directory. Same story.
This sounds like a Linux specific issue. But when I tried, I wasn't able to reproduce with my Fedora Linux 10 and OEPE all in one installer downloaded from Oracle web site. WLS 10.3 can be defined and started from IDE. Not sure if Suse Linux 11.1 makes any difference.
I have an Open Suse 11.0 install and I just tried this. I installed WLS 10.3 using an installer downloaded directly from OTN and OEPE 1.0 ganymede all-in-one kit from OTN.
I did not reproduce the problem that you are seeing. I was able to define server instances pointing to sample domains in the install and a new domain that I created. Deployed and ran the app too.
So... There is something different about your setup than what either one of us are doing. My guess it has something to do with your WLS installation. Where did you get your WLS 10.3 installer from? Which installer did you get? Was it bundled with something? If you made any non-default choices during the installation, could you describe those choices?
Hey! Nice to meet you here, Konstantin! I am currently in the middle of a thread with you over at the eclipse.webtools project newsgroup. (multiple servers one project.)
Anyhow, regarding this issue. I used the server103_linux32.bin (784,532,902 Bytes), obtained from oracle site, to install WLS.
On my system I have several partitions with /tmp on one, and /opt which holds all my developer stuff on another.
Several Java programs have a problem (bug) attempting to move a file from /tmp to target, when target happens to be on another partition. (Depending on how the move is done.)
Several Eclipse modules also have this problem. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=239396
Also explained here. http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=45011&tstart=0
(The OC4J team is well aware of this, since upon deploying an ejb project OC4J console displays something like "Can't move file from tmp, will COPY it instead.")
Today I tried a fresh install of WLS 10.3 and of OEPE to a new directory on the same partition as /tmp.
Voila! Everything works. It seems like the WLS installer and/or new domain wizard are bitten by this.
Also I get this warning from the wls 10.3 installer and from new domain wizard. libxcb: WARNING! Program tries to unlock a connection without having acquired a lock first, which indicates a programming error. There will be no further warnings about this issue. libxcb: WARNING! Program tries to lock an already locked connection, which indicates a programming error. There will be no further warnings about this issue.
This happened on my system regardless on which partition I installed it. (The install today on the same partition also displayed this error, but nevertheless works ok.) fwiw.