This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2010 2:46 AM by Ruby Rajakumar Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation

user8406 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have downloded Demantra 7.2.0.1 from http://edelivery.oracle.com/

I want to Install Demantra 7.2.0.1 on Win XP ( for DEMO). I want to use Demantra with J. D. Edwards 8.12.

But I am unable to downlaod the Installaton guide from the Oracle web site, it is givig error.

Can some one please guid me in the Installation, should I install the Demantra 7.2.0.1 First and After that need to Install Databse. OR... should i install Database First and after athat neet to Insall Demantra 7.2.0.1

Also do i need security license file for the installation of Demantra.

Thanks and Regards,
  • 1. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    Shekhar Journeyer
    Hi,
    First you have to install the database. Later when you install Demantra a seperate schema is created in the database.Within this schema, all the database objects related to Demantra exist.

For the installation document part can you please provide the error that you are encountering?
    Or
    You can also find the documents within the dump that you have downloadedd as a ZIP format file.
    For that you have to unzip the dump. Within this unzipped follow the path
    ..\Disk1\InstData\Resource1.zip
    Within this Resource1.zip file you can get all the documents relatred to that particular version of Demantra.

I hope i have answered your question and was of help. Kindly mark your question as answered if you think I have done so.

Thanks and Regards,
    Shekhar
  • 2. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    user8406 Newbie
    Hi Shekhar,

Thanks for reply.

I have installed successfully Dematra 7.2.0.1 with Oracle 10g database.

But after installing, I am unable to launch the URL i.e http://localhost:8080/demantra ( This ULR has been get created while installing )

I have tried the reinstalling also, but i am unable to launch the URL

( Java 2 SDK, SE Version 1.4.2 has installed properly while installing Demantra )

Can you please guide me the on the same.

Also I am not able find the Installtion guide for Dematra 7.2.0.1 in \Disk1\InstData\Resource1.zip ( but i am able to find other docs )

Thanks and Regards,
  • 3. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    Shekhar Journeyer
    Hi there,

Kindly let me know how to address you, since I feel a bit awkward while addressing with only a "Hi".

By the way, the installation guide is in the form of a HTML (dmt_install.htm) in the location i mentioned earlier.

Can you please tell the error that you get on accessing the URL so that i can help you to resolve the problem?

Also, please mark the question as answered/helpful, if I have done so. This will help in increasing my credibility in the forum.

Thanks and Regards,
    Shekhar
  • 4. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    682766 Explorer
    Hi,

I don't know your exact error.
    Don't know whether you know or not, you need to set JAVA_HOME in Environment Variables pointing to the JDK folder on your machine. After setting JAVA_HOME, you have to start the tomcat. Then only you will be able to launch URLs for all Demantra web applications.

Milind...
  • 5. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    user8406 Newbie
    Hi shekhar,

Thanks for reply.

You can address me as Amol.

While accessing URL I am getting typical error of " The page cannot be displayed"

I am able to find dmt_install.htm . Also I have followed all the stpes mention in the dmt_install.htm

Thanks and Regards,
    Amol
  • 6. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    user8406 Newbie
    Hi Milind,

Thanks for reply.

JAVA_HOME system environment variable has already their.

But I am not to find the start program as under.

To start Tomcat
    1. In Windows, click Start and click Programs.
    2. Click Demantra > Demantra Spectrum release > Start Web Server.

Is there any other way to start Tomcat using exe. in form the installed Demantra folders.

Thanks and Regards,
    Amol
  • 7. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    682766 Explorer
    Hi Amol,

Goto following path,

C:\Oracle Demantra Spectrum\Collaborator\Tomcat\bin\startup.bat

Double click on startup.bat file to start Tomcat.

Milind...
  • 8. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    user8406 Newbie
    Hi Milind,

After starting TOMCAT , I am able to access the URL now.

Can you please guide me on, How to start using Demantra. Or Which Document should I refer which are default came with these release.

Also, I have tried the user which was get created in the Database, ( this user is get created while installing Demantra ).but I am unable to login.

What is the default user to log to all the Demantra Applicatons?

actually I want to integrate Demantra 7.2.0.1 with JD Edwards 8.12, if possible can you please tell the Metalink Note. No. or any other document for that.

Thanks and Regards,
    Amol

Edited by: user592598 on Feb 20, 2009 3:18 AM
  • 9. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    682766 Explorer
    Hi Amol,

The default user/password for logging into Demantra Demand Management responsibility is dm/dm.

I don't know your background, whether you are looking to practice functional or technical aspects of Demantra. If you can tell me that, then only I can guide you better about how to go with practice of Demantra.

All the documents available with this version you will get at the address suggested by Shekhar. Please go through Shekhar's previous reply.

About Integration of Demantra with JDE, you can find it in "dmtig.pdf" file which is also there in the same folder. You can go through the Chapter 16: Demantra Demand Management to EnterpriseOne Integration in that file.

Milind...
  • 10. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    670391 Newbie
    Milind/Sekhar/Others

Great to see you guys helping others on Demantra. I am a Oracle Techno Functional Consultant. I deal with INV BOM CST WIP Modules most of the times and I have no experience on ASCP. I want to learn Demantra Technical. Assuming I am a total novice can you get me started on Demantra. I am already hunting on web and metalink but getting no where. How do I get started on Demantra Technical?
  • 11. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    Shekhar Journeyer
    Hi 10jnss,
    Thanks for your motivational words.
    Just like you, I had few queries from people who wanted to start with Demantra.
    You can possibly view those comments @

Re: Can anyone share how to integrate Demantra Demand Management to EBS R12?
    Re: Demantra for Self Study

Apart from the above you have the entire Demantra documentation library in Metalink for learning Demantra.

So happy hunting & reading...
    and Of course...Discussing!!

Regards,
    Shekhar
  • 12. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    714103 Newbie
    Hi Shekhar,

I am Babu, I am a beginner in Demantra- Functional.

I have installed Demantra 7.2.0 with 10g db in my PC. I can log into the collaborator workbench, but i am unable to work on the worksheet "layout designer" where you can see the Display, Series, Time .....

In the Leftside i can see the Tabs but in the right side there is blank screen. No fields are available for updation.

Is that something wrong with the JAVA i installed in my PC ? If that so pls tell me the JAVA that i need to install.

Right now i have tried both jdk1.6.0_17 and j2re1.4.2_09, but it doesn't worked out.

If the problem lies else where with the installation, pls let me know.

Thanks in advance for your Time and efforts.

BR,
    Babu Ji
  • 13. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    Shekhar Journeyer
    Hi Babu,
    Please check if your system is as per the system requirements specified in Doc ID.468679.1 as you have not specified about the configuration of your machine w.r.t the OS and the Web Browser.

If you still feel that Java might be causing the problem then first remove the previous version/s from your machine. Then try installing only 1 version freshly and check if you still face the problem. To confirm you can check from control panel if you have 1 or more versions of Java already installed.

Please feel free to get back.

Thanks and Regards,
    Shekhar
  • 14. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    682766 Explorer
    Hi Babu,
    Did above solution solve your problem?
    Or you still facing the same problem or any other?

Please update the forum discussion. We may suggest another solution that might help out.

Thanks & Regards,
    Milind..
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points