1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 26, 2009 12:12 PM by Todd Little-Oracle RSS

Parsing a FML tuxedo buffer in SALT

When I call a Tuxedo service trough SALT and it returns a failure it sends a XML within a FML buffer with the type string and it contains an invalid character (0x1). So when I parse the fault message in the other end I get a ParseError. The invalid character is generated from some old program that uses hexadecimal character as a delimiter. I don’t want change the old program because it has too many dependencies.

How can I modify the buffer and replace the invalid character in SALT runtime?

I read some about plug-ins but haven’t found any good information about it. I also found the release of tuxedo 10r3 with the new SCA technique and maybe that can be useful?

Regards Niklas

Edited by: niklas.godin@forsakringskassan.se on 2009-feb-26 07:46
        • 1. Re: Parsing a FML tuxedo buffer in SALT
          Todd Little-Oracle
          Hi Niklas,

Are you saying that the return buffer from the Tuxedo is an FML buffer that contains a string field holding the XML and you want to "cleanup" the string before passing it back to the client? If so, I believe you can do that with a data mapping plug-in. Documentation for SALT 10gR3 can be found at the [Tuxedo 10gR3 documentation |http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13161_01/tuxedo/docs10gr3/index.html] page. Specifically the section you want to look at is here .

I'm not sure how the SCA support in SALT 10gR3 would help with this problem.

Regards,
          Todd Little
          Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect