3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2009 3:02 AM by 687648 RSS

How to create a new Business Unit

Hello,
      I have problem.
      Can anyone tell me

1 : How to create a new Business Unit, New Company from Jd Edwards screen means webpage.
      2 : Can i find the User Defined Codes means UDC in jd edwards screen.

Thanks,
      Shakti Prasad Priyakumar.
        • 1. Re: How to create a new Business Unit
          john dickey, mccarthy
          First, let me confirm that you are on JDE World, and not JDE Enterprise One/One World. They are very different environments. JDE World is normally a green screen, IBM Client Access based system.

If you are on a JDE World menu and you have the proper security access, just type in UDC on the command line and hit <ENTER>. You hopefully are in a test environment when you do this, since it sounds like you have very little knowledge of JDE. The UDC screen will come up. If you know the system code and code of the UDC table you want to look at, you can key them in and bring up that table. Otherwise, do F5. That will let you search by system code and see what table codes are available in each system. If you are not sure what UDC table you need, you can look at the JDE data dictionary for the data item you are interested in and that will tell you the UDC table, if the data item is UDC based.

As for setting up new business units and company, get to the main general ledger menu. Don't remember the exact path, but you want to get into the setup/define menu for general ledger accounts. There will be separate options there for maintaining companies and for maintaining business units. You want to play with this in a test environment before you do anything for real.

Hope this helps a bit.

John Dickey
          • 2. Re: How to create a new Business Unit
            The central goal is to select a business opportunity that fits you based on what you have learned about yourself from this exercise. You have an incredible opportunity and challenge to structure a tailor made career that can now fulfill your specific dream. It is time to bring together who you really are, what you really want and create the Happy, Healthy Well Balanced Lifestyle you really want.ClickAndInc.com

Edited by: barkri.meti16@gmail.com on Feb 25, 2009 11:20 PM
            • 3. Re: How to create a new Business Unit
              create a new business unit under the management of Nexans Cabling Solutions called Nexans Intelligent Enterprise Solutions (IES), which will specialize in the development of products & services under the Clickandic.com brand.