9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2009 10:35 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs

Hi ,

Our Enviroment is:

Apps:R12,

we have to disable some unwanted concurrent requests and some request sets to disable. how do we disable Scheduled Concurrent Requests,

and we want to run Gather stats Schema wise, so i am thinking better to use request set, how can we define, Please let me know

Thanks
        • 1. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          By "disable", do you mean cancel ? If so, you can use System Administrator responsibility to query up all pending concurrent requests and cancel the ones you need to cancel.

The "gather schema statistics" concurrent program has an ALL option where it will gather stats for all registered schemas in the database. Is there a reason you cannot use this feature ?

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Hi,
            we have to disable some unwanted concurrent requests and some request sets to disable. how do we disable Scheduled Concurrent Requests,
            You can disable scheduled concurrent requests from the backend using the following query:
            SQL> update fnd_concurrent_requests 
            set phase_code = 'C', status_code = 'X' 
            where status_code in ('Q','I')
            and requested_start_date > SYSDATE 
            and hold_flag = 'N'; 
            Note: 170107.1 - How to Determine Scheduled Concurrent Requests
            https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=170107.1

Note: 152209.1 - What are the Meaning of the Codes in the STATUS_CODE and PHASE_CODE Columns of FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS Table?
            https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=152209.1

Regards,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
              Srini,

Happy to see you,

By "disable", do you mean cancel ? If so, you can use System Administrator responsibility to query up all pending concurrent requests and cancel the ones you need to cancel.

I need to disable permanently some of concurrent requests which we are not using currently ,

The "gather schema statistics" concurrent program has an ALL option where it will gather stats for all registered schemas in the database. Is there a reason you cannot use this feature ?

we can run ALL option , but we have lot of scheduled concurrent requests and client want us to run some specific schemas only,

and how can we disable Concurrent request sets is that same like concurrent request.
              • 5. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Hi,
                I need to disable permanently some of concurrent requests which we are not using currently ,
                If you have few concurrent requests, do it from the application. Otherwise, update the status from the database.
                we can run ALL option , but we have lot of scheduled concurrent requests and client want us to run some specific schemas only,
                You can create a request set for this and pass the schema name for each concurrent program.
                and how can we disable Concurrent request sets is that same like concurrent request.
                For scheduled concurrent requests, yes it is the same way.

Regards,
                Hussein
                • 6. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle
                  >
                  >

There is no way to disable a concurrent request. You can remove it from the various request groups, but a future patch or upgrade will most likely add the program back to the request group.

>
                  >

This can certainly be done, but I would question the reasoning/logic behind it. Most likely some specific schemas are experiencing higher volumes of transactions, so gather stats for those schemas might be needed more frequently.

HTH
                  Srini
                  • 7. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
                    Srini Chavali-Oracle
                    OK - I misspoke :-) There is a "enabled" flag on the concurrent program define screen that can be unchecked to disable it - or you can use the code that Hussein posted above to disable using SQL. Sorry for the confusion !

HTH
                    Srini
                    • 8. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
                      This can certainly be done, but I would question the reasoning/logic behind it. Most likely some specific schemas are experiencing higher volumes of transactions, so gather stats for those schemas might be needed more frequently.

, we have some custom schemas which is having higher trasactions ,

Edited by: appsguyflorence on Mar 23, 2009 3:31 PM
                      • 9. Re: how to disbale Scheduled Concurrent Programs
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        appsguyflorence,

Both topics are discussed in "Oracle Applications System Administrator's Documentation Set", so I would suggest you go through it.

Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide - Configuration
                        http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_09/current/acrobat/120sacg.pdf

Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide - Maintenance
                        http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_09/current/acrobat/120samg.pdf

Regards,
                        Hussein