user774542 wrote:It looks like you are posting the client NLS_LANG. What is the database character set of the source and destination
Customer DB Parameters : The nls parameters on the source db before upgrade(8i) are American_America.WE8ISO8859P1, and the destination db parameters are American_America.UTF8.
SELECT * FROM v$nls_parameters WHERE parameter like '%CHARACTERSET'
What i have done to deal with the issue: i have tried exporting the db using UTF8 and importing the db to 10g on UTF8, but still the characters show as garble characters..., have tried various options of exporting/importing using the combinations of WE8ISO8859P1 char set as well as IW8ISO8859P8 charsets, as i have learnt during my research abt the charsets that Hebrew Characters are supported in IW8ISO8859P8 charset and not WE8ISO8859P1. My suspicion here is that the problem is with the export and import from 8i to 10g, and the Char conversion which is happening during this process..(this is my guess and i might be wrong tooo...)If the original database is using ISO-8859-1 as the database character set, you've got a serious problem because that character set doesn't support Hebrew. Since Hebrew characters are not valid ISO-8859-1 characters, any conversion to any other character set is going to fail.