6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2009 3:20 AM by 695514 RSS

Changing Passwords for Peoplesoft Super User PS and for Database

Irfan Sheikh
      Hi Nicolas,

i m using

Peoplesoft Campus Solution 9.0
      People Tools 8.49
      Oracle 10g 10.2.0.3

now i want to change the password for peoplesoft superuser (PS/PS). My aplication server and process scheduler configurations also uses the same username password (PS/PS). I first change the password for PS user from People Tools > security > user profiles > user profiles, then i changed the password in the application server and process scheduler configurations as well.

in 1st attempt the application server and process scheduler booted susscessfully and i used my application with the new password in effect. but when i needed to change it again, i did the same but application server and process schedler did not booted giving error 'Invalid user ID or Password'

second i also want to change the password of sysadm(Peoplesoft Schema Owner) from oracle side to block sql+ access to other users. i want to know about the implications of changing the password of sysadm by using the command alter user user_name identified by new_password and also changing the sysadm password this way has any adverse effect on people tools (i.e will they be usable after changing password of sysadm), coz i also want to block access of people tools

please suggest me appropriate strategy to achieve this

regards,
      Irfan Sheikh