• 15. Re: ORA-28545: .Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535...ORA-
      Hello,

I have configured heterogeneous Connectivity for use mySql from Apex ( Oracle ).
      now I have this message ( see below ).In metalink Note:364369.1 say to update dataase to 10.2.0.2

Is this note valid too for Oracle XE ?
      Can I use other way ?

Thanks.

+$sqlplus / as sysdba"+
      +SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mon Apr 13 18:04:38 2009+
      +Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.+
      +Connected to:+
      +Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production+

+SQL> select * from product@myodbc5;+
      +*+
      +ERROR at line 1:+
      +ORA-28545: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent+
      +Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535+
      +ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from MYODBC5+
      • 16. Re: ORA-28545: .Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535...ORA-
        I just got this on our HP-UX 11.11 / 10g 10.2.0.2 installation. I had SHLIB_PATH set to the /usr/odbc/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32. I removed $ORACLE_HOME/lib from the SHLIB_PATH, (leaving only the odbc/lib and lib32 in the path), then restarted the listener. That seemed to fix things for me.
        • 17. Re: ORA-28545: .Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535...ORA-2063
          Hi,

are you sure that this part is correct?

<<
          HSODBC_LISTENER = -- This is your new listener
          (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
          (DESCRIPTION =
          (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = sqlserver.com)(PORT = 1522))
          )
          >>

If I put the SQL server name as host I cannot start the listener; only if I put Oracle server name there it gets started, but started service doesn't solve the problem.

any idea?
          thnx.
          SM.
          • 18. Re: ORA-28545: .Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535...ORA-2063
            Kgronau-Oracle
            you have to use the hostname where you've configured the Oracle Gateway Listener. If you configure it on the Oracle server, then specify the oracle server hostname. If you run a gateway on the SQL Server machine, you need to specify the SQL Server hostname. If you configured the gateway on a 3rd machine you need to specify this hostname.
            • 19. Re: ORA-28545: .Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535...ORA-2063
              user11048959
              I had this same error after installing MiddleTier, the problem was that the MiddleTier listener substituted the default listener so I couldn't connect to the HS. I started the default listener and it worked!!!
              • 20. Re: ORA-28545: .Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535...ORA-
                user12059246
                Hello,
                I had the same error and was able to solve it.
                My WRONG listener.ora was:

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
                (SID_LIST =
                (SID_DESC =
                (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
                (ORACLE_HOME = c:\oracle\ora10)
                (PROGRAM = extproc)
                )
                (SID_DESC =
                (SID_NAME =srv2008)
                (ORACLE_HOME = c:\oracle\db10)
                (PROGRAM =hsodbc)
                )
                )

The error message was:
                ORA-28545: ...
                Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535
                ORA-02063: ...

What was the error: I mistyped the path to hsodbc, so after changing the line
                (ORACLE_HOME = c:\oracle\db10)
                to
                (ORACLE_HOME = c:\oracle\ora10)
                (because my right oracle-home was c:\oracle\ORA10 not DB10) it worked.
                1 2 上一个 下一个