This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 10:45 PM by Sandyboy036 RSS

Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam

Sandyboy036 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have written 1Z0-007 exam and planning to write 1Z0-147 next Saturday.

But i have come across to the post here in this forum that Oracle University will soon be releasing a new exam option for those pursuing the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate (OCA) and/or the Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional (OCP) certifications.

And the test will be offered as an alternative option to taking existing exam 1Z0-147 (Program with PL/SQL) in both the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate (OCA) and Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional (OCP) certification tracks.

So what should i do now?

Should i go ahead and write the exam next week or otherwise?

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    75407 Expert
    My recommendation to you is ignore 1z0-144 for moment and go ahead with 1z0-147.

1z0-147 is still available now (and i guess will be for months or perhaps even years yet) and will still get you the OCA.

(If you feel inclined you can always take 1z0-144 later, but in my opinion I would looking at 1z0-146).

I have passed 1z0-147 and looking at the topics for 1z0-144 i'd have to do a little more swotting to pass that. And at a glance at the topics I think 1z0-144 is a more relevant exam than 1z0-147. But if you've trained for 1z0-147 my advice is keep focused on that and take(uk-english)/write(some-other-english-versions) 1z0-147.

Rgds - bigdelboy
  • 2. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    696552 Newbie
    hi,

Am planning to write 1z0-147 can u pls tell how to prepare for this exam .

Edited by: Bhaskar.k on Apr 21, 2009 3:23 AM
  • 3. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    75407 Expert
    Hello user user11050904 - I can read this as you are asking me to get myself de-certified by assisting you to cheat! I would hope to be sure that is not what you meant ... but that is how I read it!

I note it seems you have older dumps already

(If this post is out of context with the rest of the thread then it may refer to a post that has been deleted).
  • 4. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    696552 Newbie
    without practice its very difficult to pass this exam i dont want to get certify by go thru materials although it certify ocp.. Want to develop my knowledge and will write this exam so Pls guide me some useful books or website for more ...

Edited by: Bhaskar.k on Apr 21, 2009 3:24 AM
  • 5. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    75407 Expert
    User11050904 : I believe there are sufficient thread posts that give guidance on the exam already and I do not believe I can add to these. It is also very important you spend time reading the forum announcements, (faq and blog) at the start of this forum and visit and become familiar with education website: [http://www.oracle.com/education/certification] . A competent person looking round that site should find for instance the typical pass mark (subject to change) in force for the exam, which for this one is relatively high. I personally would expect most middlingly competent pl/sql developers to be able to pass this with a little revision, though obviously there is little room for mistakes. The art is to practice to become a middlingly competent pl/sql developer first!
  • 6. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    696552 Newbie
    thank u

rgds
  • 7. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Bhaskar,
    I would like to confirm that braindumps are considered cheating and if we are able to discover and prove that a candidate has cheated to pass his exam, we will take action. We will take away the candidate's certification and/or ban them from taking any Oracle Certification exam for 1 year. Part of the value of becoming certified is the what you learn during exam preparation.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
    Certification Program Manager
  • 8. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    Sandyboy036 Newbie
    Thanks for your suggestion bigdelboy.

Im going ahead with 1Z0-147 exam as i have spent awful lot of time preparing for it.
  • 9. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    696552 Newbie
    Brandye Barrington

I hve gone thru this site
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=41&p_org_id=1001&lang=US&p_exam_id=1Z0_147...

Will follow the procedure and rules.
    Thanks for the timely advice

Thanks
    Bhaskar

Edited by: Bhaskar.k on Apr 21, 2009 3:27 AM
  • 10. Re: Need advice on OCA PL/SQL Developer Exam
    Sandyboy036 Newbie
    Thanks all

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points