3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2009 6:51 PM by RakeshBI

External Database Authorization after authenication

RakeshBI
      Helllo everyone,

i am learning deep into oracle BI administration tasks and just finished External database authentication.
      using external database tables, we get the username and password but how could we assign those users to groups where groups are responsibilities from Sibel CRM. how to apply filters on that groups.
      please if possible, tell me best practices in this authentication and authorization from external database.

thanks
      rake
        • 1. Re: External Database Authorization after authenication
          Goran Ocko
          Hi.

Take a look on this:

External table authentication and row-wise initialization in OBIEE
          http://108obiee.blogspot.com/2009/03/external-table-authentication-and-row.html

It's also about groups that are outside RPD, and filters.

Regards,

Goran O

http://108obiee.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: External Database Authorization after authenication
            Stijn Gabriels
            When you are using Siebel CRM I assume that you also have installed a Oracle BI Application which is related to Siebel CRM, right? In the OracleBIAnalyticsApps.rpd there is a initialization block, which authorizes the user by using Siebel responsibility tables, S_RESP and S_PER_RESP.

Regards,
            Stijn
            • 3. Re: External Database Authorization after authenication
              RakeshBI
              Hi Goran,

i followed your steps on how to apply filters to groups.
              i just had this doubt while working on that authorization

here it is:

when i apply a filter on country to USA
              should i be able to see only USA's data such as revenue, products in usa and customers in usa.
              when i am selecting USA in reports, i am able to see only USA and along with that if i am selecting any other columns, i am getting no data
              and if i am selecting any other column with no selection of USA, i am getting all the data displayed.
              how is this resovled.

thanks in advance
              rake