7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2010 10:37 AM by Keyur_makwana

Problems with Dynamic Remastering (DRM) with 10.2.0.4 on Linux Itanium

MartinDecker_ora-solutions
      One of my customers is having severe RAC performance issues, which appeared three times so far. Each time, the performance impact lasted around 10 minutes and caused basically a hang of the application. ASH investigation revealed that the time frame of performance issues exactly matches a DRM operation of the biggest segment of the database. During the problematic time period, there are +50 instead of 2-3 active sessions and they are mostly waiting for gc related events: "gc buffer busy","gc cr block busy", "gc cr block 2-way", "gc current block 2-way", "gc current request", "gc current grant busy", etc.

In addition, there is one single session which has wait event "kjbdrmcvtq lmon drm quiesce: ping completion" (on instance 1) and 1-3 sessions with wait event "gc remaster". (on instance 2)

Does anybody have any experience with DRM problems with 10.2.0.4 on Linux Itanium?

I know that it is possible to deactive DRM, but usually it should be beneficial to have it enabled. I could not find any reports of performance impact during DRM operation on metalink. Support is involved but clueless.

Regards,
      Martin