9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2010 9:08 PM by VinceSolis RSS

Hyperion EPMA is not working...

user 1208988
      Hi all,
      I have insstalled Hyperion EPMA on my XP system and configured to a database of 11g which is installed on a Windows 2003 machine. I configured it properly and deployed it successfully as well. Now the EPMAWeb Server is strating properly. But the Dimension Server does not start properly, the command page just comes and vanishes automatically most of the times. Although it starts sometimes, when I start the EPMA sevices from web browser by writing http://localhost:19091/awb/ in the address bar and put user id/password it shows the following error-

Module not found:awb.appcontainer

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
      Code: com.hyperion.awb.common.DimensionServiceException

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Edited by: Sap B on May 13, 2009 4:36 AM
        • 1. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...

First you have not installed on a supported O/S so you may experience issues, if it starts sometimes and not other times then it may be down to resources such as memory.

• 2. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
            user 1208988
            Hi John,
            thanks for replying. But according to the installation requirement we had to install EPM Architect on an XP machine. Right?
            • 3. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
              Here are the list of supporting operating systems for foundation services (which epma is part of ) - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12825_01/epm.111/epm_install_start_here/frameset.htm?ch04s05s01s01.html

• 4. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
                user 1208988
                Hi John,
                as you told XP was not a supported OS, I uninstalled Hyperion and formatted the system and installed Windows 2003 SP2. Now when I try to deploy Performance Management Architect to Application Server it fails. Can you tell me why? And when I look in the file called configtool.log in F:\Hyperion\logs\config, the file contains some entries like-

(May 13, 2009, 06:42:22 PM), com.hyperion.hit.registry.ComponentImpl, ERROR,
                java.net.UnknownHostException: ardhendu-1c3844
                     at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
                     at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
                     at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)
                     at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)........................

Here ardhendu-1c3844 is my old computer name which had XP. My new computer name is meta-epma. How the old computer name still remains when I formatted the drive?

Please help.

• 5. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
                  If you formatted the drive then that would be impossible unless you are still using the same database tables from before you formatted, maybe when you registered with shared services or the other components.

• 6. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
                    user 1208988
                    Hi John,
                    thanks for replying. And you are right, I used the same database. So what should I do now? Please tell. Do I have reconfigure everything?
                    • 7. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
                      Hi John,,
                      I'm getting the same error "unknown host"
                      I re imaged the server and cleaned up all the schemas and stated fresh install and using the same schema which were used but before using it i cleaned up those..
                      Please assist in this

• 8. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
                        Hi All,

Here I am also getting the same issue com.hyperion.hit.registry.componenetImpl, Error..... Unknown host. Here is my environment. We cloned Oracle database from Production to another Box and we planned to reconfigure hyperoion with Oracle database getting the following error (showing Produciton server names)

com.hyperion.hit.registry.ComponentImpl, ERROR,
                        java.net.UnknownHostException: <Production server name>
                             at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1128)
                             at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1098)
                             at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1061)
                             at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:958)
                             at com.hyperion.hit.registry.ComponentImpl.getHost(ComponentImpl.java:124)
                             at com.hyperion.hit.registry.Registry.lookupLocalHostComponent(Registry.java:660)

I got succeeded the same in 9.3.1 version but in i am not able to ...

Can any one help on this....

• 9. Re: Hyperion EPMA is not working...
                          I am trying the clone path, and receiving this error running the configtool. If I alias the database to the original Oracle RDBMS hostname, no error.

Somewhere the original RDBMS hostname is being stored, and ignoring the config tool params entered.

Any idea where to look?

FYI... I have all EPM modules and Oracle rdbms on same host, and host was renamed. I took care of re-hosting the rdbms first, and Oracle is functioning perfectly on the renamed host.

Is re-hosting/cloning not accomplish-able in EPM 11 like it was in 9.3.1?