This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 3:34 AM by 779544 RSS

Not able to create a session in PTE

702031 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

While trying to create a session in PTE for testing Application initiated short messaging, I am getting null pointer exception [Pasted below]:

Location: com.bea.wlcp.wlng.px21.jws.SessionManagerWsImpl.getSession(Unknown Source)
* Exception:
java.rmi.RemoteException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is:
     java.lang.NullPointerException
     at weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.sendReceive(ServerRequest.java:205)
     at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:345)
     at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:259)
     at com.bea.wlcp.wlng.px21.ejb.SessionManager_85z0sv_EOImpl_1030_WLStub.getSession(Unknown Source)

and a Warning message in server Log tab:

Location: com.bea.wlcp.wlng.account.session.SessionManagerImpl.getApplicationInstanceSession(SessionManagerImpl.java:236)
No Session found in the cache for user=weblogic

Please help me in getting this issue resolved. Your response will be very helpful in moving me ahead.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Not able to create a session in PTE
    702031 Newbie
    Thanks a ton to all helpful and genius folks out here for helping. your silent replies really helped me alot.

I solved the issue and is working now.
  • 2. Re: Not able to create a session in PTE
    graham - oracle Journeyer
    Hi, while I appreciate your frustration please read the FAQ about the purpose and usage of these forums which can be found here http://wiki.oracle.com/page/Oracle+Discussion+Forums+FAQ. This forum is not a replacement for technical support but a way of getting community help, should an issue raised not receive an answer then please log an issue on My Oracle Support.
    As you mention, you resolved the problem yourself, as a benefit to the community you could share this knowledge and therefore assist others who may come across a similar problem.

Regards
    Graham
    Senior Manager
    Oracle Support
  • 3. Re: Not able to create a session in PTE
    702031 Newbie
    Thanks Graham,

Solution to this issue is:

I was using username password as given while creating ocsg domain i.e. weblogic/weblogic.

As in PTE it asks for domain_user/domain_password, i thought it is asking for weblogic. but it was expecting the username/password for service account i created in PTE.
  • 4. Re: Not able to create a session in PTE
    727121 Newbie
    What is a service account in PTE? How do I create one?
  • 5. Re: Not able to create a session in PTE
    779544 Newbie
    Hi,

Service accounts are traffic accounts/ application instance account created in OCSG. You can user OCSG PRM interface to create these accounts or from PTE you can use Server-> Management interface. You need to create SP account, SP group (to associate SP account with this group), application account, application group(to associate APP account with this group) and application instance account. These application instance account and its password will be used in PTE.
  • 6. Re: Not able to create a session in PTE
    787543 Newbie
    Thanks a lot for the explaination Arvind!! But I'm little new to OCSG so not able to find the way to create SP accounts and all from PTE. I checked in the Server--> management interface but no success.
    Can we create this account using weblogic server console? Please help!!!
  • 7. Re: Not able to create a session in PTE
    779544 Newbie
    Hi,

You can use spappmgmt.pdf (Documentation available on Oracle site) as well as integrprm.pdf for your reference. These documents provides detailed description about OCSG Accounts and PRM WS available with OCSG.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points