5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2009 1:07 AM by 6523 RSS

How to download a previous version of an object.

Hi,

one quick question: what is the easiest way to download a previous version of a source file in SCM? Say, for example, that I want to download v1.2 when the current (last) version is 1.4.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. re:How to download a previous version of an object.
          Juan,

I would create a configuration of the versions that are required, ensure you include the folder as well as the correct version of the file. Then create a workarea based on this configuration and open the new workarea in the RON. You can then download the correct version of the file.

You might also use an explicit workarea INCLUDE rule, but I believe the configuration route is more sensible.

Have a look at the workarea rules at http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/designer/doc_library/6i_release42/CDOC72/cli/cli.htm#SpecificationRules

David
          • 2. re:How to download a previous version of an object.
            Ough well, that's how we were doing it, but I wanted to believe that there was a quicker way to accomplish such a simple & rutinary task, something like "click the right mouse button on the desired object and select 'download version' from the contextual menu, then select the version number you want in the combo box and you're done". SCM is a powerful tool, but sometimes makes simple things complex and rather unintuitive, IMHO.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day!
            • 3. re:How to download a previous version of an object.
              Juan,

If you make use of the Oracle Designer Web Assistant 6i/9i (ODWA) (part of the iDevelopment Accelerator Suite), you have a far easier choice:

- enter ODWA
              - browse to any version of the file you are interested in (using the Search, the Navigator or the Browser)
              - open the Version History Viewer for the file
              - click on the version you are interested in en start downloading

(from the ODWA Version History Viewer you can immediately download any version of the object whose version history you are viewing; hopefully this functionality will be retained once the ODWA has been incorporated into Oracle Designer 9i by the Designer development team in a few weeks time).

best regards,

Lucas Jellema (AMIS Services)
              • 4. Re: How to download a previous version of an object.
                If you use Toad run a similar select as below.

select f.name, f.contents_blob, f.os_timestamp, f.crc, f.kind, f.file_size
                from i$sdd_files f
                where f.name = 'uwsprgr003.rdf'

You can decide which version do you need based on the timestamp filed.

Right click the blob field in the result grid window.

Choose Popup Editor from the context menu.

Click Save to file icon.
                • 5. Re: How to download a previous version of an object.
                  To show the version number too:

select f.name, s.vlabel,f.contents_blob, f.os_timestamp, f.crc, f.kind, f.file_size
                  from SDD_OBJECT_VERSIONS s,
                  i$sdd_files f
                  where F.IVID=s.ivid
                  and f.irid=s.irid
                  and f.name = 'uwsprgr003.rdf'