1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2010 1:15 PM by 759290 RSS

Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!

Hi,
      We try to deploy an war to the weblogic 10.3 server. Error happed under AIX.
      The War can be deployed successfully but JSP compile under AIX? I verify that Solaris 9&10, Red hat, HP IA, the war works well after deployed.

Is there any special  setting for AIX? Both 5.3 and 6.1 have the problem.

Here is my jsp:

<%@ page import="com.acta.webapp.mdreport.*" contentType="text/html" language="java" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
      <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/mdreport.tld" prefix="md" %>
      <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
      <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
      <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

<%
           AwWebMetaDataContext ctxt = new AwWebMetaDataContext (request,response);
           String logonButton = ctxt.getMessage(DIMetaDataResource.IDS_LOGON_LABEL);
      %>

<html>
      <head>

Here is the error message:
      logon.jsp:2:5: Invalid tag library.
      <%@ taglib uri="WEB-INF/mdreport.tld" prefix="md" %>
      ^----^
      logon.jsp:2:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
      ^----^
      logon.jsp:2:5: Invalid tag library.
      ^----^
      logon.jsp:2:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
      ^----^
      logon.jsp:3:5: Invalid tag library.
      <%@ taglib uri="WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
      ^----^
      logon.jsp:3:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
      ^----^
      logon.jsp:3:5: Invalid tag library.

Here is the stack trace from the log:
      at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JavelinxJSPStub.compilePage(JavelinxJSPStub.java:328)
           at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:237)
           at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:182)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:235)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:408)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:318)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:502)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:251)
           at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1063)
           at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:386)
           at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:229)
           at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194)
           at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:292)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3495)
           at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
           at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2180)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2086)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1406)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

Here is the JDK information.
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pap6460sr4-20090219_01(SR4))
      IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, J2RE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 AIX ppc64-64 jvmap6460-20090215_29883 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
        • 1. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
          user161771 - oracle
          It appears that you are on a supported configuration.

I recommend a support case when the platform is the only difference and there are problems. The JDK is an obvious difference.
          • 2. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
            Hi, Thanks. Do you mean there exist probem with myJDK?

Can you give me some tips on how to found the root cause?

I can't find too mcuh from the log.
            • 3. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
              user161771 - oracle
              No I don't know how to troubleshoot this issue with the TLD any further, but I'm confident that a support SR can help you identify whether this is a bug or not and help you get resolution.
              • 4. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                Hi, I did't use support SR before.

Does it is official support or for free?

Where can i fire the support SR?

Thanks in advance.
                • 5. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                  user161771 - oracle
                  Any customer with a valid support contract can open a Service Request (SR) at http://metalink.oracle.com/
                  • 6. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                    Hi,

I am trying to run a very simple application (hello1, from Sun's Java Tutorial) and it deploys fine, but when I run it I get:

index.jsp:28:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions" prefix="fn" %>
                    ^----^
                    index.jsp:28:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions" prefix="fn" %>
                    ^----^
                    index.jsp:29:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
                    ^----^
                    index.jsp:29:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
                    ^----^
                    index.jsp:44:13: The function "length" for prefix "fn" can not be found in the specified tag library.
                    <c:if test="${fn:length(param.username) > 0}" >
                    ^------------------------------^
                    index.jsp:44:13: The function "length" for prefix "fn" can not be found in the specified tag library.
                    <c:if test="${fn:length(param.username) > 0}" >
                    ^------------------------------^

This is a very simple jsp that uses Sun's taglib, but it seems the page can't find it.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks !
                    • 7. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                      I added jstl 1.2 shared library reference to weblogic.xml to fix this problem.
                      • 8. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                        Hi i am also getting same problem.

is this related to ibm JDK or war file because i am getting this only on AIX so please help me
                        i am new to this doamin.
                        and where i can add the jstl 1.2 shared library reference in weblogic.xml could you please tell me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: user11880865 on Sep 9, 2009 4:20 AM
                        • 9. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                          master-angler
                          could you figure out how to add the jstl 1.2 shared library reference in weblogic.xml?

appreciate your help
                          • 10. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                            Hi,

I opened weblogic.xml in Eclipse and in the "Design" tab I right-clicked "Shared Libraries", selected "Add" and selected jstl, 1.2/1.2.01.

The following tags were added to weblogic.xml by Eclipse:

<wls:library-ref>
                            <wls:library-name>jstl</wls:library-name>
                            <wls:specification-version>1.2</wls:specification-version>
                            <wls:exact-match>true</wls:exact-match>
                            </wls:library-ref>

I hope this helps.

Regards.
                            • 11. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                              I am having a similar error but with a different tld...

From my home-framed.jsp:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
                              <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
                              <%@ taglib prefix='tiles' uri='struts-tiles'%>
                              <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
                              <head>

From my web.xml:

<jsp-config>
                                   <taglib>
                                        <taglib-uri>struts-tiles</taglib-uri>
                                        <taglib-location>WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld</taglib-location>
                                   </taglib>
                              </jsp-config>

Trace from server log:

####<Oct 6, 2009 3:20:46 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <aixtd3> <appdev_cinciview_aixtd3> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1254856846253> <BEA-101017> <[weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext@6fc66fc6 - appName: 'cinciview', name: 'cinciview.war', context-path: '/cinciview'] Root cause of ServletException.
                              weblogic.servlet.jsp.CompilationException: Failed to compile JSP /jsp/home-framed.jsp
                              home-framed.jsp:3:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.

^----^
                              home-framed.jsp:3:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.

^----^

at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JavelinxJSPStub.compilePage(JavelinxJSPStub.java:298)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:216)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:165)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:235)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:394)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:309)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:528)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:261)
                                   at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:145)
                                   at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:251)
                                   at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1144)
                                   at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:880)
                                   at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:793)
                                   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:476)
                                   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:431)
                                   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
                                   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:226)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:124)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3395)
                                   at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                                   at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2140)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2046)
                                   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
                                   at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
                                   at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

This code works on WLS 10.0 MP 1 on Windows but not on AIX.

I've tried the suggested fix to add a library reference in the weblogic xml without success.

Has anyone discovered a fix for this yet?
                              • 12. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                                ramvishwanath
                                I had a similar situation.. where I had the tld's inside a jar file which was provided in the classpath... but it still wasnt picking up the tlds( it was giving an error). I had to manually copy the jar inside WEB-INF/lib folder.... then it started working....

hopefully this helps you....

--ram                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                                • 13. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                                  The hell is real....
                                  ---
                                  I meet the same problem with Weblogic 10.3 & RHEL5.2

I have tried everything I can.But it's still there,saying "Invalid tag library".....

Damn...

Oh,BTW. I used cewolf tag...

P.S. Alfresco meet the same problem too....

http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16152
                                  • 14. Re: Weblogic 10.3 & AIX -- Compilation of JSP File Failed!!!!
                                    OK...

I am wrong... It seem to be the xml parser problem...

config <prefer-web-inf-classes to true in weblogic.xml

and someone put the lib into classpath in the startWeblogic.sh

reset the classpath ,and then it works fine now..
                                    1 2 Previous Next