This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2009 12:53 AM by zaffer khan, cisa Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: How many years of expereince you professionals have?
    Paul M. Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Yeah, from that point of view I had many good days, indeed I don't remember many bad days. I think it depends on how much you're interested on what you're doing, and how much you like it.

If you are interested, and you like it, then you'll always find something new to learn every day.

Just an example about myself : I'm not a developer (albeit I used a bit of Forms and Reports), and professionally I wouldn't need to learn something new about developing, but I'm just curious about Application Express, and in my free time I'm studying it (just a bit...:-)).
  • 31. Re: How many years of expereince you professionals have?
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    Paul,

I don't know how come I missed this thread but I am glad that you quoted it on another thread. I shall just say one thing after reading teh replies. I am just fortunate that I get a chance to be on the same forum where Gurus like you , Jonathan Lewis, Tanel Poder, Justin Cave, Jaffar , Kandi , Billy, and many many many like these come. Thanks for being here and helping us all juniors learn about Oracle a bit more with each and every reply of yours, I mean it!

@Maran,

Though its too old thread but still, its a great thread. Thanks for it !

regards

Aman....
  • 32. Re: How many years of expereince you professionals have?
    Girish Sharma Guru
    Hello Maran,
    One day i would like to be in a such a situation say in 5-10 yrs
    Below is my personal opinion.

Reading--Knowledge--Practice--Experience--Help--Expertise

In any field of life area, every person have a wish that my name should be in the experts/well known name list.

For this, he starts reading the stuff, memorized the answers and gets knowledge. After having knowledge, he
    starts practice and faces problems and errors. So, he goes for solutions and finds answers. Now he is having experience and starts job and help to others. So finally, doing good job and providing help to novice; makes him expert. Expert is not, who is having only knowledge and experience (we will call him only knowledgeable); for getting expert icon, one must be helping hand too. We can remove darkness by light; but why sun is called sun, because sun gives / spreads its light to mankind; thats why we worship it and it is expert. The most respected names which you and Aman mentioned and many left are experts; because they shares their experience and help to novice without any cost and interest.

If you wish to be treated as "special" in the morning; you must have to be worked in nights. Persons who works / wakes in night, will always be treated as different in the morning.

For me, i am at 1st stage; that is reading.

Best Regards
    Girish Sharma
  • 33. Re: How many years of expereince you professionals have?
    MohammedTaj Pro
    Reading--Knowledge--Practice--Experience--Help--Expertise
    Once you touch "expertise" then again start with "Reading" this is a cycle which never ends becuase technologies change very fast ...

Regards,
    Taj
  • 34. Re: How many years of expereince you professionals have?
    Girish Sharma Guru
    Yes, but next time/cycle the expert(RMAN) only take those areas(block) which have newly introduced(changed) just like CTWR background process works. Right ?

Regards
    Girish Sharma
  • 35. Re: How many years of expereince you professionals have?
    Neev Explorer
    I dont know whether i should reply or not?

Last month i join MNC in india As DBA.This is my first job..

Sybase always been encouraging.

Thanks,
    Neerav

Edited by: Neerav999 on Jul 20, 2009 1:06 PM
  • 36. Re: How many years of expereince you professionals have?
    zaffer khan, cisa Explorer
    Maran Viswarayar wrote:
    One day i would like to be in a such a situation say in 5-10 yrs

I admire your help and dedication to Oracle and supporting beginners like me.
    Indeed all the Gurus including you have been really supportive to amatuers like me. Nevertheless, you have also been inspiration for us to achieve something in our Oracle careers.

I would like to share something, that partly I owe to you Guys because of the immensely useful knowledge available here in this Oracle Forum.

In April '09, I published my paper "My Journey from 9.0.1 to 9.2.0.8" under Oracle Customer Knowledge Exchange. The same paper was considered and published under Toad World PIPELINE Newsletter July '09 Issue. You can access my paper at http://www.quest.com/ecard/27254/default.htm

I think you Gurus have left your footsteps for us Amatuers to follow. You're doing your part, we need to keep doing ours.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Z.K.
    http://oracleendeavor.blogspot.com/
    [My Journey from 9.0.1 to 9.2.0.8|http://www.toadworld.com/Portals/0/Newsletter%20Images/CKE-My_Journey_from_9iR1_to_9iR2.pdf]
1 2 3 Previous Next