3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2009 2:11 PM by cruz878 RSS

Saving Activites

Hi,

I have a layout saved but I want to save all of the activities so that I don't have to enter them with each new project. How is that done?

Thanks,

Byron Bottoms
        • 1. Re: Saving Activites
          cruz878
          You have several options here.

1.) You can copy the project and then use the copy as a base every time you create a new project that you want to start off with the same activity set.
          2.) You can copy/paste activities across projects.
          3.) I believe you can use Methodology Manager to create something along the lines of a fragnet like in the old P3 (I have never tried this method however).

There are some other options as well but those are the first things that popped into my mind. Someone else may chime in with other suggestions.
          • 2. Re: Saving Activites
            jkleinman
            cruz878 wrote:
            You have several options here.

1.) You can copy the project and then use the copy as a base every time you create a new project that you want to start off with the same activity set.
            2.) You can copy/paste activities across projects.
            3.) I believe you can use Methodology Manager to create something along the lines of a fragnet like in the old P3 (I have never tried this method however).

There are some other options as well but those are the first things that popped into my mind. Someone else may chime in with other suggestions.
            1. Contractor doesn't have the ability to copy/paste a project. The easiest way is to save a copy of your current project as a baseline, and then "restore" it, you will then have a copy of this project to use as a starting point next time. You could also export a copy fo XER and then import that before you start a new project.
            2. In contractor you cannot open multiple projects, so this will not work.
            3. Contractor does not have Methodology Manager.
            • 3. Re: Saving Activites
              cruz878
              Sorry, I did not realize this was posted in the Contractor Forum. I was referencing P6.