This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 10:48 AM by 947696 RSS

snmp configuration on weblogic 10 has no effect

595925 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
SNMP in MMC(Mobile Management Center, A HP Product), use joesnmp.jar internal to send snmp trap generated by mmc app. This part works well in weblogic 10;

snmp in weblogic , configured by weblogic console. In weblogic 8, we configure such items:

Weblogic Subsystem
Purpose
Level

Deployer
Monitor all war/ear deploy/undeploy/redeploy
INFO

JDBC
Monitor all warnings/errors in jdbc operation
WARN

Current tests shows that the snmp configuration on weblogic 10 has no effect.

Due to MMC4.6 gets the Weblogic updated from 8.16 to 10.3, we didn’t find the configuration about “Enable JDBC Logging”. Below is the former config page about Weblogic 8.16.

But in Weblogic 10.3 we cannot find this configuration. We have followed the guide http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs100/jdbc_admin/monitor.html#wp1048793

And tried to set the appropriate properties on the command line like this,

-Dweblogic.debug.DebugJDBCSQL=true -Dweblogic.log.StdoutSeverity="Info"

Actually we can get the DM, Core, SMTP, Bulk, Adaptor Class, and connection fail error messages in weblogic backend log, but seems Weblogic cannot send SNMP trap messages to SNMP monitoring tool like Openview.

PS. Weblogic can send out the SNMP trap messages when the server starts and stops.

So till now the SNMP cannot monitor the DM, Core, SMTP, Bulk, Adaptor Class, and connection fail for MMC4.6.
  • 1. Re: snmp configuration on weblogic 10 has no effect
    713957 Newbie
    Anyone can help this?
  • 2. Re: snmp configuration on weblogic 10 has no effect
    user10939158 Journeyer
    I am running WL 10.3 and SNMP works fine. The cluster generates traps based on particular mbeans, such as when a server's health state is not "OK", or when there are JDBC connection issues. You have to create a new SNMP agent within the admin server then build the individual traps ( String, Gauge, Counter, etc. ) and make sure you have a Trap Destination.
  • 3. Re: snmp configuration on weblogic 10 has no effect
    947696 Newbie
    Hi, I am on 12.1 weblogic, and I am stuck on where you set the SNMP Servername and port number.

We are on windows 2008, I see there is a services, SNMP .

Is there something I need to do on the weblogic side before i get into the SNMP agenets and traps, this part I understand, I am just unsure where to add the SNMP Servername and the user I wish the emails to go to.
    I see in the security realms the user i can add to the group monitors.

-->, I am running WL 10.3 and SNMP works fine. The cluster generates traps based on particular mbeans, such as when a server's health state is not "OK", or when there are JDBC connection issues. You have to create a new SNMP agent within the admin server then build the individual traps ( String, Gauge, Counter, etc. ) and make sure you have a Trap Destination.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points