This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2012 2:53 AM by Don Moen RSS

Scheduling Reports through BI Publisher.

711424 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are working on OBISE1.

I am having certain issues while working with the BI Publisher.

Firstly, only the Administrator is able to navigate from the answers to the BI Publisher Portal, other user's are not able to navigate similarly from answers to the BI publisher portal. We have given all the required priviledges to the users that are required to access the BI Publisher. The user's created on Bi Publisher are able to create and access the reports but have no access to BI Answers. Is there any syncronisation between users of BI publisher and BI Server.1

Secondly we are not able to schedule the reports created in BI Publisher.
i have configured the Delivery Configuration under the admin tab. I have also done the server configuration and scheduler Configuration under the System maintenance. When i create a schedule i have no problem but the schedule never gets executed and also does not show any error.

kindly guide us to overcome these.

Mohit
  • 1. Re: Scheduling Reports through BI Publisher.
    717329 Newbie
    Hi

The reports which i have scheduled in BI publisher work fine for the options "Run Immedieately" and "Run Once" but when scheduled for weekly i found that the report notification as failed and following exception has been generated.
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:138)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:293)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:328)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:430)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:151)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:608)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.JDBCDataSource.getConnection(JDBCDataSource.java:87)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.server.QueryCall.get(QueryCall.java:324)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.bind.SQLBoundValue11.getValueSet(SQLBoundValue11.java:171)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.bind.SQLBoundValue11.getValue(SQLBoundValue11.java:109)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.ReportContextImplV11.getValueSet(ReportContextImplV11.java:374)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.SelectParameterDefinitionV11.getValues(SelectParameterDefinitionV11.java:35)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.ReportImpl.validateParameterValue(ReportImpl.java:772)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.ReportImpl.validateParameters(ReportImpl.java:708)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.ReportImpl.renderScheduledJob(ReportImpl.java:324)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.scheduler.XDOJob.generateReport(XDOJob.java:890)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.scheduler.XDOJob.execute(XDOJob.java:361)
         at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
         at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

[081409_020001820][][STATEMENT] Illegal parameter value: SITE=CB
    [081409_020001820][oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.scheduler.XDOJob][EXCEPTION] [ID:5414] Exception occurred while processing the document.
    oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.scheduler.ProcessingException: oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.DataException: Invalid parameters requested.
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.scheduler.XDOJob.generateReport(XDOJob.java:896)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.scheduler.XDOJob.execute(XDOJob.java:361)
         at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
         at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
    Caused by: oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.DataException: Invalid parameters requested.
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.ReportException.fillInStackTrace(ReportException.java:124)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.DataException.fillInStackTrace(DataException.java:127)
         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:196)
         at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.ReportException.<init>(ReportException.java:36)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.data.DataException.<init>(DataException.java:39)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.ReportImpl.renderScheduledJob(ReportImpl.java:326)
         at oracle.apps.xdo.servlet.scheduler.XDOJob.generateReport(XDOJob.java:890)
         ... 3 more
  • 2. Re: Scheduling Reports through BI Publisher.
    513920 Newbie
    Hi,
    I am getting the exact error like Ajit Kulkarni's, could anyone help us in solving this issue. I have been trying to configure for long time.

Thanks,
    Yar.
  • 3. Re: Scheduling Reports through BI Publisher.
    774925 Newbie
    I hope you guys have come though the issue, can you share the solution.
    We too getting same error on BIP schedular, it works fine in immediate request, when in SCHEDULAR all request are FAILING, with same errror as you faced.
    Can you please share the solution on the same.
  • 4. Re: Scheduling Reports through BI Publisher.
    899567 Newbie
    What is the solution to this problem?
    [STATEMENT] Illegal parameter value: <nothing-suspicious-here>

This is a transient issue with no apparant pattern. I can't believe that none of you have got any solution to this in so many years.
    Somebody respond, it's been years!
  • 5. Re: Scheduling Reports through BI Publisher.
    Don Moen Newbie
    May be its a late reply, but try running these two queries

alter table QRTZ_TRIGGERS add PRIORITY number(13);
    alter table QRTZ_FIRED_TRIGGERS add PRIORITY number(13);

Even after this if it doesn't work then try reinstalling BI Publisher and then run the queries.

Don

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points