4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2009 2:05 AM by user10490354

Problem with Synchronization of DAC with Informatica

user7312087
      Hi,
      When I synchronize a task from DAC to Informatica, source & target details are not fetched though they synchronization is successful.

Inside informatica, session name is same as workflow and I aslo specified the task name, folder name and other details correctly in DAC. Now I dont know how to debug further the reason for this.

Will be very much helpful if someone can help on this.
        • 1. Re: Problem with Synchronization of DAC with Informatica
          Are you adding a custom task or it is an out of box Informatica task?
          • 2. Re: Problem with Synchronization of DAC with Informatica
            user7312087
            Hi Shiyam,
            Yes Iam doing a Custom one. Actually I have cloned some of the out of the box maps and customized those tasks inside informatica. But few of the tasks for which session name is different from workflow name in the custom folder are failed. But if I revert back the same task inside DAC todwards out of the box Informatica folder then it is succeeding though session name is different from Workflow name. I have same issue for those workflows having more than one session in it. Then I verified the parameter file and found that when DAC pointing to out of the box workflow, it creates correct parameter file but when I revert back to custom folder it always create a parameter file with one section in it and session name it creates always same as that of workflow name. So it is confirmed this is the problem for the failures.

To debug this I tried to synchronize the DAC task(for which session name is different from workflow name) with informatica. Synchronization is success but it is not getting(fetching automatically) Source & target details from Informatica.

Even I tried creating test map & test task inside DAC and tried to synchronize but the same thing is happening. I dont know how to proceed further.

I hope my problem is understandable to you from my above lenthy scriptic.

Expecting your reply eagerly.
            • 3. Re: Problem with Synchronization of DAC with Informatica
              Hi,
              Please see if you have checked in the workflow changes in informatica.
              Also, check if the DAC task is pointing to the appropriate Informatica folder.
              You can do that by checking Folder name under Tasks and comparing it with Source System Folder tab.

Regards,
              Shreya
              • 4. Re: Problem with Synchronization of DAC with Informatica
                user10490354
                The solution is to add Informatica client to the path environment variable in Windows, like
                C:\Informatica\PowerCenter8.1.1\client\bin;